“Horrible!”

The Five Star Theatre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hands down, Hot Springs finest performance Theatre. Celebrating 31 years of business in Hot Springs. This beautifully remodeled venue has been transformed into one of Arkansas' only year 'round Dinner Theatres. Strategically located in the heart of historic downtown Hot Springs and adjacent to the visitor center, it is within walking distance of all the major downtown hotels. The theatre features plays though out the year and often brings in Branson music acts between performances. A 5 Star experience venue for a great night of entertainment and dining pleasure. Who has been on our stage? Governor Mike Huckabee, Tony Orlando, Yakov Smirnoff, Linda Davis, Lang Scott, Bill Whyte, Tommie Smothers, Jerry Van Dyke, The Browns, George Dyer, Tony Witt, Sonny Burgess and the Pacers, Todd Oliver and Irving the dog, The Platters and many more.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The food was expensive and tasted horrible! Was excited to take my family some were special and it was anything but. The meat was tough, the green beans wasn't done! I normally don't complain but for my family of four it was almost 200 dollars. So I was expecting good food. Bad experience for myself and my family.

1  Thank BeckyandRobert
Tom W, General Manager at The Five Star Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

We appreciate all reviews even if they are less than we hope for. In this instance the reviewer said the food was far less than they expected and was overpriced for what they received. As far as the pricing is concerned, I think you will find when you compare prices to other Dinner Theatres we are far below the average for what we charge from our top quality dinners. The majority of our customers rave about our food for what choices and the quality you receive off our buffet. We are also known to specially prepared vegetarian plates for those who need such service. We also strive to keep the food fresh and warm. If it is not, we would like to know immediately so a complaint could be corrected if possible not after the fact when it appears to be a cheap shot. We pride our dining experience and our plays and concerts and want the customer to be pleased without hesitation. The comment about the pricing was totally inaccurate and misleading. Thank you for your comments and we will always work towards bettering our service.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I enjoyed our experience at The Five Star Dinner Theater featuring magician Scott Davis. The food was great, the staff were warm & friendly, and Scott Davis put on a fun edge-of-your-seat performance. I definitely recommend The Five Star Dinner Theater to anyone visiting the Hot Springs area.

◆Michael & Lacey◆

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The best comedy magic show we have ever seen. We were here for our 14 wedding anniversary and they gave us flowers. Food was outstanding!! WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!

1  Thank lvntexas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

GREAT SHOW! My wife and I were in Hot Springs for our 5th Anniversary and saw the Scott Davis Comedy Magic show to top the weekend off, and we couldn't have made a better choice! Scott's quick wit paired with his amazing talent made for an incredibly entertaining evening! Fridays and Saturdays are dinner shows, we will most likely do the dinner option as well next time we see the show (which we will)! Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Scott Davis was really great, and the kids loved the show. He got the audience involved and performed some amazing tricks. If you go, I would not recommend doing the dinner . It was okay -- unable to keep warm and costs a lot. Otherwise, this was a fabulous experience.

Tom W, General Manager at The Five Star Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

We appreciate all reviews even if they are less than we hope for. In this instance the reviewer said the food wasn't warm and was overpriced for what they received. As far as the pricing is concerned, I think you will find when you compare prices to other Dinner Shows we are far below the average for what we charge from our top quality dinners. The majority of our customers rave about our food for what choices and the quality you receive off our buffet. We are also known to specially prepared vegetarian plates for those who need such service. We also strive to keep the food fresh and warm. If it is not, we would like to know immediately not after the fact. We pride our dining experience and want the customer to be pleased without hesitation. Thank you for your comments and we will always work towards bettering our service.