“Absolutely fabulous, food, entertainment and atmosphere!”

The Five Star Dinner Theatre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hands down, Hot Springs finest performance Theatre. Celebrating 31 years of business in Hot Springs. This beautifully remodeled venue has been transformed into one of Arkansas' only year 'round Dinner Theatres. Strategically located in the heart of historic downtown Hot Springs and adjacent to the visitor center, it is within walking distance of all the major downtown hotels. The theatre features plays though out the year and often brings in Branson music acts between performances. A 5 Star experience venue for a great night of entertainment and dining pleasure. Who has been on our stage? Governor Mike Huckabee, Tony Orlando, Yakov Smirnoff, Linda Davis, Lang Scott, Bill Whyte, Tommie Smothers, Jerry Van Dyke, The Browns, George Dyer, Tony Witt, Sonny Burgess and the Pacers, Todd Oliver and Irving the dog,The Platters and many more.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
“Absolutely fabulous, food, entertainment and atmosphere!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We went to see the Platters at this theater! What a wonderful night of nostalgia! I sang along to every song, and was taken back to my Junior High days!! The service was excellent and food was also!! Don't miss the experience of this intimate and entertaining venue!!

Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Night With The Platters”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Had a wonderful buffet dinner, all you can eat, prior to the show. The show was the Platters in concert. They were terrific. Made me remember my teenage years and all the wonderful memories. The price of $42.50 for a great dinner and an exciting show was very reasonable. I highly recommend this theater venue to all who visit Hot Springs.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank DrJack100
on vacation
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 180 helpful votes
“Very Happily Surprised- Loved the Show!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Driving through Hot Springs, or stopping to stay awhile? If so, there's a special excursion I recommend highly- a dinner theater called the 5 Star Theater. Family owned and operated, the theater brings back the memories of seeing a great show while having a delicious meal. The plays are fantastic, the food is wonderful, and what a way to spend an evening!

The theater itself is lovely, and the website http://www.thefivestartheatre.com is professional and informative. I'm so glad I found it- I was able to have an excellent evening instead of sitting in a room all night. In addition to the plays such as the Radio Version of "It's a Wonderful Life" which played over the Holiday Season, 5 Star has also staged Hitchcock's 39 Steps- an adventurous play for any theater, and the Hillarious Greater Tuna among other shows. The idea to add Dinner Theater apparently came from a previous staging of "The Sunshine Boys" with Tommy Smothers and Jerry Van Dyke.

Dinner Theater was a staple of my childhood, so I looked forward to this. I'd seen many shows in Chicago & Milwaukee- all good experiences. But this is different- it's much more professional than the tiny theaters I frequented as a child, and more reminiscent of the Broadway and West End shows I've seen as an adult.

The Radio Version of It's a Wonderful Life was a perfect choice for the Holiday Season. Well-acted and staged beautifully, it evokes a certain mystique, a time when things were simpler. As an audience member, you feel a part of the surroundings. The actors are professional and wonderfully accurate as the story of George Bailey is told in a somewhat different but always entertaining manner. It does recall the movie, but it's also fresh, new, and exciting. The actors aren't afraid to bring comedy and their own special touch to the show, without besmirching any of the original story.

I'd love to go back in May to see "Driving Miss Daisy", a classic play and well-known as a film. The theater is formerly the Bath House Show Theater, well-known by locals and travelers alike for a Family Entertainment Show, visiting groups and musical acts. The decision to go from that act to performing favorite plays was an inspired one. Dinner Theater is making a comeback, and it's starting in Hot Springs!

That's not to say that the theater doesn't have its share of musical guests, as well. On the walls of the theater there are photos of many of the famous musical acts who have played in the past, and the schedule online advertises such acts as "The Platters" and Elvis Tribute Artist & Entertainer, Tony Witt. You may have heard of Witt, who placed 2nd in an Elvis Competition at Graceland last fall.

The food is catered from the Porterhouse Steakhouse next door to the theater, and after being assigned a table you help yourself to a great buffet. I certainly believe the price is quite a deal with the All You Can Eat Buffet Plus Show for only $37.50 plus tax for Adults, Kids 12 & under, $25.50, and those 6 and under eat free.

It's also wholesome family entertainment, something I wouldn't be afraid to take my own son to see. It does almost seem odd to find this little theater in the heart of Dixie, but it's a bonus to visitors and residents alike. Personally, I'd expect to see this in Branson or Nashville; it's high quality. Lucky for the city of Hot Springs, the owners have done an outstanding job.

There are only a few things I'd HIGHLY recommend in Hot Springs. Frequenting one of the spas on Bath House row is one, and going to see a show at the 5 Star Theater is another. Read through the comments on the website- this is one place you don't want to miss. The 5 Star Theater is a gem of a discovery in what some would view as a sleepy Southern town. It definitely requires a return trip!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank thaliajen
Tyler, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Outstanding dinner and show at the Five Star Dinner Theater”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Tom and the staff at the Five Star Dinner Theater were fantastic! The buffet was absolutely fabulous! "Buford" the house star was hilarious as well! Thanks Tom,Tony and your staff for making our evening wonderful during our trip to Hot Springs!! We had the opportunity to see Tony Witt perform his tribute to Elvis and all we could say is Wow! just left us Speechless!! We highly recommend the Five Star Theater and Tony Witt to everyone young and old! Thanks for keeping the show clean and in Great Taste as well!! Jeff and Wendy, Tyler, TX

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Jeffrey Z
Dallas, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“One word, WOW!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

After attending a performance at the Five Star Theater, I thought I would share my great experience. For Christmas break I visited Hot Springs to spend time with relatives, while walking downtown I happened to pass the Five Star Theater which caught my eye very quickly. That day I purchased tickets to "It's a Wonderful Life" and was very excited to see what was in store. I attended a daytime showing with my boyfriend and I must say the show was hilarious! I loved that it was easy to understand and easy to follow along with. The actors were wonderful and played their part very well. The ambiance of the theater was romantic and cozy. The daytime show I attended did not provide dinner but I will say I have heard nothing but raving reviews of the food!!
Overall, my experience was a FIVE! There is definitely a reason they call it the "FIVE STAR THEATER." I will for sure make a trip back to the theater next time I visit!
Thank you for a great time!

-Ashley (Dallas,TX)