“Pretty good. May return.”

The Five Star Dinner Theatre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hands down, Hot Springs finest performance Theatre. Celebrating 31 years of business in Hot Springs. This beautifully remodeled venue has been transformed into one of Arkansas' only year 'round Dinner Theatres. Strategically located in the heart of historic downtown Hot Springs and adjacent to the visitor center, it is within walking distance of all the major downtown hotels. The theatre features plays though out the year and often brings in Branson music acts between performances. A 5 Star experience venue for a great night of entertainment and dining pleasure. Who has been on our stage? Governor Mike Huckabee, Tony Orlando, Yakov Smirnoff, Linda Davis, Lang Scott, Bill Whyte, Tommie Smothers, Jerry Van Dyke, The Browns, George Dyer, Tony Witt, Sonny Burgess and the Pacers, Todd Oliver and Irving the dog,The Platters and many more.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Little Rock, Arkansas
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Pretty good. May return.”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We happened across this place while sitting at a red light on Central Avenue. We saw on the marquee that they were playing It's A Wonderful Life, and it was December 22! We stopped and got tickets for that night.

The show was the radio show version of It's A Wonderful Life, so it was not "acted out" like you'd see in a regular play. It was interesting, but I think I would have enjoyed a regular play better. It was also a bit disappointing just because Capra's It's A Wonderful Life is so iconic, and nobody, no matter how talented, can ever make a better George Bailey than Jimmy Stewart. It is hard to watch someone else try to do it. I think we will probably try it again sometime, when a regular (and less seminal!) play is going on.

The food, on the other hand, was "meh." The food is catered by The Porterhouse next door, and I had heard their food was very good. Last night's food was not very good, however. The tickets were on the pricey side, so I think next time, if they offer a show only, we might do that. I'm just not willing to pay that much for mediocre food.

Visited December 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Have NEVER been disappointed!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I have had "Date Night" three or four times at The Five Star Dinner Theatre and have NEVER been disappointed! The atmosphere, food, and talent is wonderful! We look forward to upcoming events in the new year! If you are planning a visit to Hot Springs or if you are fortunate enough to LIVE here, The Five Star is a must see!!

Visited December 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must see in Hot Springs!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I always have a wonderful time at The Five Star Dinner Theatre. I will see every show I can this year. The food is excellent and the shows are always entertaining.

1 Thank Bkyw
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful night!!!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Great dinner, wonderful show, owners and staff are excellent! Will go back again and again! Shows varied from music, comedy, and plays

1 Thank Dianerharris
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the most enjoyable, entertaining evenings I've had!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Didn't quite know what to expect. Dinner buffet began at 6pm and was outstanding. The staff was very friendly and we had a great view of the stage. The atmosphere inside the theatre was very soothing and professional. The play was the classic tale of Its a Wonderful Life. They performed a 1940's radio show version. Outstanding job by all. We will be back soon. A hidden treasure we stumbled upon.

1 Thank Laundrymama