“The hot sport in a Hot Springs town”
Review of Ohio Club

Ohio Club
Ranked #3 of 274 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Arkansas' oldest bar. Step back in history and have a drink where the likes of Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, Al Jolson, Mae West and a host of others have. We have won People Choice awards for our Hamburgers and our Reubens have been reported to be the best they have ever had. We keep our menu simple but high quality. We have live music 7 nights a week with Blues on Wednesday nights, Jazz on Thursday night and classic rock on the weekends. The Ohio Club Players are our house band and have been a Hot Springs favorite. Non smoking and open at 11am every day until 2am.
“The hot sport in a Hot Springs town”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Best burger and service in the county. PLUS, you're sitting in a 100+ year old club frequented by many famous gangsters in the day. The ornate back bar is worth the trip alone. Biggest plus is it's no smoking. You can actually taste the food, breath the air, and see the band. Must stop in HS

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kwheatleyiii

Tahlequah, Oklahoma
“The BEST hamburger we have ever eaten!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Ok, So I know my title may seem like I am exaggerating but I have to say that I am not. After browsing the shops up and down bathhouse row we were getting pretty hungry. We had passed a few little places that caught our eye but hadn't decided on anything yet. We stepped into this little souvenir shop and was greeted warmly by an older gentleman that worked there. He could have been the owner, I can't say. He was so nice though! As we were leaving I asked him a question about how to get somewhere and he not only told us but he pulled out a map and began marking routes and telling us where things were that we should go see while in Hot Springs. Before we left he asked us if we had eaten anywhere in town yet. We told him only Mr. Whiskers and he began writing down names and locations of some of his favorites. He then said if we were looking for the best burger in town to go right next door to the Ohio Club.

I have to admit I did not even notice the place when we walked by before. My husband and I discussed it and upon his recommendation we decided to try it. I mean the locals usually know right? Oh my gosh I am so glad we did. Now this is a bar so you have to be 21 years or older to enter. However, it is non-smoking which I really liked. When you walk in there is the bar area. Right across from the bar are some booths or you can go up the staircase and eat upstairs. It was not very busy when we went in there midday so we did not have a very long wait. The waitress was very friendly as well.
The menu is very limited so do not come expecting a 3 page fold-out. They have a few different style burgers, some appetizers, and a few other choices. I can't remember because we both wanted a burger.
The menu tells the history behind the Ohio Club which is fascinating if you are into the era of prohibition. The Ohio Club was a big player in those days. It was an interesting read while waiting for our food. The food arrived and it was a good size burger on fresh home-made buns. The meat was cooked well but so juicy! The seasoning was just right and the vegetables were fresh and crisp. I have never been one to make any kind of noise when I bite into food but my husband and I were both like "mmmmm.... wow!"

Like I said BEST BURGER EVER! Price was a little higher than what you would typically pay for at let's say McDonalds but this is NOT McDonalds. We even contemplated going back again the next day but decided we would wait until our next trip to Hot Springs.

• Visited May 2014
Beaumont, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Greatest hamburgers in town and the lady bartender made us some awesome margaritas for the Texas fivesom.

Visited June 2014
Arkansas
“It might be the best burger I've ever had”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

A Trip Advisor review of the Ohio Club read "the best burger in Hot Springs," so we decided to pop in and give it a try.

Now we know that review might not have been correct. Why? Because the old fashion burger at the Ohio Club is better than just the best in Hot Springs. It might be the best burger I've ever had.

I won't even go into the details about the history of the restaurant or the 100-plus-year-old mahogany bar. All of that stuff is just icing on the cake for their awesome food at the Ohio Club. In addition to the burgers, we thoroughly enjoyed the cheese dip (with sausage!) and the fries. We were too full for dessert, but those looked good too.

It was a night of indulgence and it was worth it.

“Food is good, but live music and people made the experience”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Food was good, I had the Reuben. Waitresses pleasant and attentive. Locals were filling the seats around us to catch the band, and insisted we stay for at least a set. Friendly folks all around. The band was great, house band called something like the Ohio Players. They sang classic rock and blues while adding their own touch. Engaging and fun all around. We had a great time.

• Visited June 2014