“Husband Loved It”

Ranked #3 of 288 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Arkansas' oldest bar. Step back in history and have a drink where the likes of Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, Al Jolson, Mae West and a host of others have. We have won People Choice awards for our Hamburgers and our Reubens have been reported to be the best they have ever had. We keep our menu simple but high quality. We have live music 7 nights a week with Blues on Wednesday nights, Jazz on Thursday night and classic rock on the weekends. The Ohio Club Players are our house band and have been a Hot Springs favorite. Non smoking and open at 11am every day until 2am.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The history there is fabulous. Looked like it appealed to lots of bikers who were having fun. I had the bacon cheddar fries and they were excellent. Service was great too!

1  Thank Kristy W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hot Springs, AR is a small city that became popular in the late 1800s as a resurt of the natural springs there. In the early 1900s, it became a get-away for the privilaged and in the prohibition era, The Ohio Club was a magnet for those who wanted to gamble and drink in 'The back room'. Some were well known entertainers from the Hollywood and sports world, and others like Al Capone, were true gangsters of their time. Today, the Ohio Club boasts that it is the oldest bar in Arkansas. It is a quaint stop and a great place for a drink at their huge bar which had to be transported by rail, from Ohio, or for eats during lunch or dinner. They are especially known for their burgers which are not to be missed - they have outstanding selection. A great place to get a good meal and a good sized drink at a great value. When I visit again - I'll be back!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Lots of history in this small and intimate bar/restaurant. Our group had hamburgers...not all that great. The staff is friendly and the prices are reasonable. Offers live entertainment in the evenings.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This place is a smoke filled bar with rough service. Good burger's and fries in a neat setting with a lot of gangster history but not much else.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had one of the best burgers at the Ohio Club. My husband had the Ohio Burger which had bacon, cheese and an onion ring on a delicious bun. He ordered it medium which even the waitress said might come as well done, but he had no complaints. Even the average chips didn't deter his opinion. I had the old fashioned burger and my favorite part, aside from the delicious burger, was the lettuce/ tomato/ pickle relish that they give you instead of limp lettuce, average tomato and pickle. You get all the flavors in an interesting presentation. While my husband had onions in his mix I asked for no onions not knowing about the mixture and I had no onions in my mix. Truly good experience. The only drawback for us was it was not a " no smoking" restaurant. We snagged the table next to the door so that made it more bearable.