“It was just OK”

Mid-America Science Museum
Ranked #12 of 74 things to do in Hot Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The mission of Mid-America Science Museum is to stimulate interest in science, to promote public understanding of the sciences, and to encourage life-long science education through interactive exhibits and programs. The Museum also serves as a premier tourism attraction in Arkansas. The purpose of Mid-America Science Museum is to explain scientific knowledge and concepts to the public through interactive exhibits, activities, workshops, and educational programs. The Museum seeks to stimulate a lifelong interest in science, spark curiosity, reshape attitudes and stir the imagination. Our goal is informal science education that encourages learning in ways not ordinarily found in the workplace, classroom, or home. To achieve this purpose, the Museum will maintain the highest standards in providing quality exhibits, programs, and services for students, citizens, and visitors to Arkansas.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Rogers, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“It was just OK”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I went here 17 years ago and it seemed like they had more hands on stuff than they did this time. We took our 3 children and there was some stuff that didn't work - It just seemed ran down. It was fun for a couple of hours but certainly nothing like what I was hoping for.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Rusty M
cara m, Public Relations Manager at Mid-America Science Museum, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review on your time here at Mid-America Science Museum. I apologize for the dissapointment in your visit. The fall is typically our slower time, so that is the time that we focus on repairs and updates to exhibits. We are about to begin a complete renovation of the museum starting in August. We will reopen in March 2015. I do hope you will come back and visit us again!

Mount Pleasant, Texas, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have been here many times in the past and enjoyed it very much. This time we had our two your granddaughters with us and were disappointed that a lot of the exhibits were either under repair or not working properly. Also, there was extra charge for some of the activities. When everything is working it's a good hands-on, fun and entertaining place for the whole family.

Visited July 2013
cara m, Public Relations Manager at Mid-America Science Museum, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Hello. I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to write a review for us here at Mid-America Science Museum. I am glad that you visited again! I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your visit. We are constantly having to repair, update, and make changes to exhibits to insure that they work properly. We try our very best to make those repairs during a slower month. Unfortunately, the fall tends to be slower for us so we try to take that time to make any necessary updates or changes. I am so sorry that that happened to fall during your visit. As far as the additional fees, we always charge $3.00 plus tax for the Tesla show, and $3.00 plus tax for the Simulator ride. If you plan to visit frequently, purchasing a membership is the way to go and that always includes Tesla shows at no charge! Again, I apologize for your disappointing visit and I ask that you contact us if there is anything we can do to make it right!
Carthage, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun even for adults”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very interesting place. It is geared more for kids, but it is still entertaining for all. Most of the exhibits are "hands on" . There is something here for all ages.

Visited May 2013
cara m, Public Relations Manager at Mid-America Science Museum, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your visit. I am so glad that you had a fun time! I do hope you will come back again! We have some really summer exhibits that are open now through August 10th!
Arkansas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“KIDS FUN DAY”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Kids of all ages will enjoy a day of touching, pulling, pushing, crawling, jumping and climbing. Not just your average museum. A learning experience that they will enjoy and learn science to boot. Special exhibits was dinosaurs when we visited. Cool.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank rita1965
Thank you for the feedback on your visit! We really appreciate it! I do hope you will come back again! We have some really cool summer exhibits open now through August 10th! Check them out on your next visit :) Thanks again!!
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great for kids”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This museum was amazing for my 3 year old and 6 year old because everything was hands on. I would recommend this for anyone with young kids.

Visited August 2013
cara m, Public Relations Manager at Mid-America Science Museum, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your time here at Mid-America Science Museum. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and I do hope you will come back and see us again soon!!! We have two great summer exhibits that are here through August 10th, so make plans to come back and spend the day with us!!