“Great Place for the Kids”

Mid-America Science Museum
Ranked #10 of 81 things to do in Hot Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The mission of Mid-America Science Museum is to stimulate interest in science, to promote public understanding of the sciences, and to encourage life-long science education through interactive exhibits and programs. The Museum also serves as a premier tourism attraction in Arkansas. The purpose of Mid-America Science Museum is to explain scientific knowledge and concepts to the public through interactive exhibits, activities, workshops, and educational programs. The Museum seeks to stimulate a lifelong interest in science, spark curiosity, reshape attitudes and stir the imagination. Our goal is informal science education that encourages learning in ways not ordinarily found in the workplace, classroom, or home. To achieve this purpose, the Museum will maintain the highest standards in providing quality exhibits, programs, and services for students, citizens, and visitors to Arkansas.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The entire family enjoyed this museum. It has lots of great exhibits. The kids even learned some new things. This is a must see attraction. The kids will enjoy it.

cara m, Public Relations Manager at Mid-America Science Museum, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Feedback is always appreciated. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit and I do hope you come visit again soon!! Our summer exhibits are here through August 10th!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

For sure a good place to visit. We all enjoyed it, especially my daughters. so much to do there and its well worth every penny spent!!

Thank you for the feedback and review. It is greatly appreciated!! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and I do hope you make plans to come again soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Took kids on rainy day but recommend anytime! We spent 3 hours easily with kids having a great time! Crawled through mines, excavated dinos, learned about Tesla coils. Almost everything was interactive for kids. Adults had just as much fun!

Thank you for your feedback and review!! It is greatly appreciated!! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and I do hope that you make plans to come visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

It was just OK. We really enjoyed the Tesla coil/lightning cage demonstration. The dinosaur exhibit and the tunneled mines were also enjoyable. Other than that, it was just ok. My kids did say they enjoyed those things, but could take or leave the rest. Got pretty expensive with all of the add-ons. If the cost were less, we would b more likely to return.

cara m, Public Relations Manager at Mid-America Science Museum, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for your review. All feedback is greatly appreciated. I am sorry that you weren't completely satisfied with your visit. Please email us at info@midamericamuseum.org as we would like to see what we can do to accommodate you for any inconvenience.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was our first visit. We really enjoyed all the exhibits. This is a great place to go and just let your kids explore and learn without even knowing they are doing so. We stayed about 3 hours with a 10 and 14 year old. We really enjoyed the Tesla Coil and it is worth going to see. We walked along the outdoor nature trail and watched the very large Koi swim. My kids road the virtual reality simulator before we left and they loved it. I definitely recommend going with children of any age.

Thank you for your feedback and review. It is greatly appreciated! I am so glad that y'all enjoyed your time here! Yes, the Tesla show is great, isn't it!? :) Thanks again for the feedback and I hope you make plans to come visit us again soon!