“Great hotel to stay at with kids”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ft Worth, TX
“Great hotel to stay at with kids”
Reviewed August 28, 2007

I just spent 3 nights here with my family and we had a wonderful time. I was very impressed with how roomy the suite was. It was a perfect set-up for a family becuase of the seperate sitting room where the kids could play, watch tv, and eat...away from the beds. I enjoyed watching what I wanted in the bedroom while they watched cartoons in the sitting room. The mini fridge, microwave, sink, table and chairs helped us to feel right at home and saved us money since we kept juice boxes and snacks in the fridge instead of buying something everytime we were thirsty. We could even microwave popcorn at night while we watched a movie. We stayed on the 8th floor and so of course the kids were thrilled each time we went up or down the glass elevators. I should also mention that the housekeeping was impeccable. SO, we loved our room, but were somewhat dissapointed with the humid indoor pool, which was too warm when you're hoping to swim to cool off. As for the breakfast buffet, I would call it just good...not great.

• Liked — large suites, 2 tv's, very new and clean
  • Disliked — indoor pool
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank sweetmammasita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Rhode Island
Reviewed August 21, 2007

Embassy Suites, Hot Springs was everything I expected and more. Prices were right. Service...impeccable! Close to everything. This was my first trip to the area and would certainly stay at this hotel again

• Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2007

I stayed here for the Mental Health Institute August 13-17th, 2007. First room....wet floor. Since it had not dried, I called down to the front desk and we were immediately moved to a room down the hall. It appeared we had been placed in a room where the carpet had just been cleaned, but nobody told the front desk.
We appreciated the new dry room. BUT, the new room had dirty sheets, again called the front desk. They were immediately changed by the night housekeeper. (9:30pm). About 15 minutes later, I received a call from the front desk informing me that I would be receiving free movies ALL WEEK, and they were terribly sorry for the inconvenience. Tina was the lady working the desk. She was so sweet and helpful and wow! Free movies! I had 2 children with me age 11. All I heard all week was how cool Tina was! Thanks Tina! We will certainly be back!

• Liked — Great room, friendly Staff
  • Disliked — HARD Beds!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank DanaWallingford
stigler oklahoma
Reviewed July 29, 2007

This hotel was very nice. The rooms were spacious. I have a 5 month old, so the refridgerator and sink were extremely helpful. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the area, sites, and the directions. The breakfast, made to order was good, but the buffet was just so, so. Overall it made our weekend get a way just that much better.

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Disliked — very crowded
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank stiglermom
Ozark, Arkansas
Reviewed July 25, 2007

Our stay here was so terrible. Everything was o.k. until we had some problems then the customer service was so awful. One minor complaint is there were no towels by the pool so we called and they nicely said they would get some right away, but 30 minutes later we just decided to drip to the rooms, but mainly the reason our stay was so terrible was because we were lied too. We looked at prices for spa packages on the internet, they didn't tell you how long massages were on the hot springs web site so we called the hotel to ask them, the site said between 200 and 250 you got one nights stay and a spa package. When we called they said it was two hours for two people. My sister said she wanted to book that and then add another person and the total was around 350. When we get there it turns out that two people means that you can split the package and each recieve a hour massage AND they didn't add the third person. So we were paying 350 for the package that the internet said was 200-250. We ended up having to pay an extra 100 for my mom to get a 1 hour masssage too and my sister and I got a 1 hour. Big bummer when you are expecting two relaxing hours. The people at the spa said the front desk messes up all the time and doesn't really know about the spa prices. When we told the front desk about our problems they just acted like we were lying and said the lady on the phone wouldn't have made any mistakes. Which she did, and the lady when we checked in even said the same as the lady on the phone. When we asked why the package that said 250 on the web site was really 350 they said it was a busy weekend and that wasn't their web site. So to finish this if you haven't booked i would advise somewhere else, if you have booked then don't worry the hotel looked nice, no complaints there, it was just the service, but just make sure you have a copy of how much you are paying and don't trust what they tell you on the phone.

• Liked — the massages were good
  • Disliked — the front desk people
  • Stayed April 2007
1 Thank vacationlover73
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 7, 2007

As first-time visitors to Hot Springs, we had no idea what to expect with the town, let alone the hotel. After driving into Hot Springs, I was very pleased with the curb appeal of Embassy Suites. Upon entering the hotel, we were greeted by a very friendly employee who also chatted with our kids. She checked us in and gave us coupons for a free in-room movie and a free pizza in their restaurant. I don't know if they do that for everyone but it was a nice touch. I like the suites because as much as we love our kids, it is nice to a have a separate area where we can watch a movie or sleep separately from them and vice versa. Our kids think it is a special treat when they have their "own" space. It is also handy if someone wants to go to bed earlier than the rest of the family. The hotel is linked to a convention center so it caters to many business travelers which benefits everyone in that the hotel offers many services-a spa, nice pool, finer dining, a gift shop, concierge,etc. The breakfast was included and the choices were plentiful-freshly made omlettes, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, muffins, toast, yogurt, fruits,cereal,etc. It would definitely please every member of your family, plus, it is nice to be able to eat right at the hotel and get an early start on sightseeing. The only criticism I had would be the location- although I felt safe and they have security walking the grounds, the employees directed us to park our car and boat closer to the hotel, rather than in the farther lot where boats are supposed to go. They inferred that it would be safer there. It was nice of them to tell us that and to allow us to park closer but they raised my concerns about the safety of the area. Many parts of Hot Springs are for lower-income families but I don't know that that necessarily raises the crime rate. It was only a couple minute drive to the main strip in Hot Springs-which includes the Bath House Row,etc.-but you could also walk it. We did use the coupon for pizza in the restaurant. We ordered pizza for the kids and we ordered from the menu. We were the only people in the restaurant. It was decorated nicely and the food was okay-the kids did not like the pizza. I think they are probably trying to raise awareness of their restuarant and that is why they lure you in with the pizza coupon. I would skip it next time and enjoy one of the many nice restaurants in town.

Stayed March 2007
6 Thank jessspiz
Costa Mesa, CA
Reviewed May 16, 2007

We stayed for a special fishing trip.

It was nice to be able to relax at the embassy and then check out the outdoors during our trip. Had (and ate) the cake.

Hotel employees were super helpfull and friendly.

The wife got a day of treatments at the spa which is on location. Had top level massage and facial.

I am not a big fan of the free (cheap) breakfast, but all i really need is some coffee anyways. Plus, they have frosted flakes so it's all good.

Parking is kind of a long walk (you may want to use the valet).

Literally across the street from the conevtnion center.

Also, and this is good information, the neighborhood behind the big wall running parrallel to the convention center is a public housing project. So it might be wise to stay alert if you should travel into that area. This was never a problem for us, but my father lives in this town and he made sure we were warned that property crime tends to take place near this area.

We never at anytime felt unsafe.

These rooms are real nice, great beds, lots of chairs, high speed inet, 2 showtimes, etc.

I wasnt real impressed by the fancy pansy rest on the premises. They did cook us a club sandwich that was pretty good.

I would highly recommend this place. Especially when you compare it to the older hotels in the area (who do admittedly have their own charm).

If your idea of camping out is the hilton, this is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple