“Fantastic for a weekend at the races!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 1, 2008

The embassy suites is fantastic if you are hoping for an exciting weekend at the races. Embassy Suites are always great because they are very spacious! The kitchenette is great and the separate living room is nice if you have more than 2 people staying in the room.
The shuttle service is free and will take you to and from the races which is great after an afternoon of beer and betting!
The perfect place to stay for a weekend get-away.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jkersey
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs

Reviewed January 31, 2008

We went to HS for a convenient family getaway. Check-in was easy at the kiosk. The indoor pool, manager's reception, and breakfast was awesome. We thought about hooking up our laptop in our room, which was about $10 a day, but the business center had two working computers with FAST internet. We got our money's worth.

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank Careyberry6
Reviewed January 28, 2008

Most of the reviews I had read were positive and mine will be the same. I was very pleased with the quality of the hotel. The free breakfast was ten times better than the usual boxed/ frozen danishes, bagels, boxed cereal and fruit. They had omelettes made to order, pancakes fresh from the griddle and plenty of hot sides to go with it. The pool is open until midnight which I have yet to find anywhere else. I was a little disconcerted when I found out that a Beta convention (high school competition) was going on next door at the convention center. The hallways were overrun with children that were very poorly watched over. There were no adults in sight. There was constant slamming of doors, children yelling down the hall to other friends, etc. I will definitely check with the hotel before I decide to head back this same time of year. I did speak with the manager and he assured me that extra staff was being brought in especially for this event to make sure that curfew was enforced. I have to admit that we didn't hear much during the night. Another bright note ~ The bed was one of the best I have slept in away from home. The living room was roomy and although they don't have wireless free internet, they do provide a patch cord to hook up your lap top to their connection which I hadn't known about ahead of time. Overall my husband and I were extremely pleased with our stay and will return. The price was only about $30 - $40 more than some of the other local hotels we have stayed at and was well worth the hot breakfast and upscale accommodations.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank deegeegirl
Reviewed January 26, 2008

Staff very congenial. Enjoyed the attention to detail.
Room very clean and comfortable!
Location is excellent to the historic downtown area.

1  Thank fred54
Reviewed October 21, 2007

We were booked for 12 days and with last minute booking was not able to get a king bed. After check in on the first night we were told we would be able to get a king the next day for the remainder of our trip. I arrived the next day at time I was told to and they said there was none available, but I was assured we would receive one the next day. I arrived promptly on the 3rd day at the time I was told and was said my room was not clean yet, but to give them an hour and she gave me the room number. I arrived just over an hour later and was told we were not assigned to that room but we would receive a room sometime and to wait till they called (they never called). It was in the afternoon and my day of site seeing never happened as they never called, my husband had to take time from work to let them know we either got our room or we were checking out, finally the manager arrived and gave us a room that had been cleaned hours before.

They have not updated their beds, and they are quit hard, I had to have a comforter placed on the bed to make it more comfortable, I thought the Hilton line of hotels had upgraded but obviously not. The staff was mostly very curtious, but the worse was the ice machine on the 5th floor it was giving you ice with mold on it...used the ice machine for several days and finally looked one morning and seen black mold floating in the water of the melted ice, needless to say this was the last of our use of ice...I had to ask cleaning staff to please sweep the bath floor as there was numerous long dark hairs on the floor, obviously not swept prior to us arriving.

If the price is right, stay here, but the Hampton is on the other side of the town, and we will stay there on next stay in Hot Springs, hoping it is a little better.

The rooms are spacious and the breakfast was nice. Could of been worse but disappointed with the Embassy.

Stayed: October 2007
4  Thank travel2muchGeorgia
Reviewed October 21, 2007

This was a true Hilton Hotels Experience. We had initially chosen a different hotel, but the room was unacceptable. Embassy Suites was more expensive than we wanted to spend, but as we looked at some other properties, they just weren't all that good.

The only Suite they had left was a smoking room with two double beds. The smoking room here smelled fresher than the non-smoking room at another downtown hotel.

The free breakfast was first rate. The selection on the food bar and the cooked to order omlettes and pancakes were exceptional.

I would go here again. The room is indeed worth double or triple the price at the other places downtown.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bwana7
Reviewed September 29, 2007

I stayed at this hotel 2 nights during my wedding weekend. The 2 rooms were decorated very nicely and they were both clean and spacious. The bed was extremely comfortable. The first night I stayed with my bridesmaids and we took total advantage of the $1 drinks from 5:30-7:30 and then got up the next morning and enjoyed the wonderful free breakfast. We then got ready for the wedding and and asked the housekeeping staff if they could come after 1:30 and clean the room and they said no problem. Housekeeping and all the staff were super friendly. They seem to always be smiling and asked how we were doing. After researching all the hotels in Hot Springs, this one definetly stood out as the nicest. All the "historic" hotels seemed old and dirty to me. I was pleased with my stay would definetly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank WhitneyB