“Embassy Suites Hot Springs "Very Nice"”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hot Springs
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Embassy Suites Hot Springs "Very Nice"”
Reviewed January 26, 2008

Staff very congenial. Enjoyed the attention to detail.
Room very clean and comfortable!
Location is excellent to the historic downtown area.

1 Thank fred54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Chatsworth, Georgia
Reviewed October 21, 2007

We were booked for 12 days and with last minute booking was not able to get a king bed. After check in on the first night we were told we would be able to get a king the next day for the remainder of our trip. I arrived the next day at time I was told to and they said there was none available, but I was assured we would receive one the next day. I arrived promptly on the 3rd day at the time I was told and was said my room was not clean yet, but to give them an hour and she gave me the room number. I arrived just over an hour later and was told we were not assigned to that room but we would receive a room sometime and to wait till they called (they never called). It was in the afternoon and my day of site seeing never happened as they never called, my husband had to take time from work to let them know we either got our room or we were checking out, finally the manager arrived and gave us a room that had been cleaned hours before.

They have not updated their beds, and they are quit hard, I had to have a comforter placed on the bed to make it more comfortable, I thought the Hilton line of hotels had upgraded but obviously not. The staff was mostly very curtious, but the worse was the ice machine on the 5th floor it was giving you ice with mold on it...used the ice machine for several days and finally looked one morning and seen black mold floating in the water of the melted ice, needless to say this was the last of our use of ice...I had to ask cleaning staff to please sweep the bath floor as there was numerous long dark hairs on the floor, obviously not swept prior to us arriving.

If the price is right, stay here, but the Hampton is on the other side of the town, and we will stay there on next stay in Hot Springs, hoping it is a little better.

The rooms are spacious and the breakfast was nice. Could of been worse but disappointed with the Embassy.

Stayed October 2007
4 Thank travel2muchGeorgia
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2007

This was a true Hilton Hotels Experience. We had initially chosen a different hotel, but the room was unacceptable. Embassy Suites was more expensive than we wanted to spend, but as we looked at some other properties, they just weren't all that good.

The only Suite they had left was a smoking room with two double beds. The smoking room here smelled fresher than the non-smoking room at another downtown hotel.

The free breakfast was first rate. The selection on the food bar and the cooked to order omlettes and pancakes were exceptional.

I would go here again. The room is indeed worth double or triple the price at the other places downtown.

• Liked — The professional attitude and presentation
  • Disliked — Absolute pricing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bwana7
Sherwood, Arkansas
Reviewed September 29, 2007

I stayed at this hotel 2 nights during my wedding weekend. The 2 rooms were decorated very nicely and they were both clean and spacious. The bed was extremely comfortable. The first night I stayed with my bridesmaids and we took total advantage of the $1 drinks from 5:30-7:30 and then got up the next morning and enjoyed the wonderful free breakfast. We then got ready for the wedding and and asked the housekeeping staff if they could come after 1:30 and clean the room and they said no problem. Housekeeping and all the staff were super friendly. They seem to always be smiling and asked how we were doing. After researching all the hotels in Hot Springs, this one definetly stood out as the nicest. All the "historic" hotels seemed old and dirty to me. I was pleased with my stay would definetly stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — The rooms and the free breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing!!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank WhitneyB
Arizona
Reviewed September 27, 2007

We spent three nights in Hot Springs looking at properties. The first night was in a King non-smoking suite at the Embassy Suites for $134 w/o taxes. We decided to try another hotel since this seemed a bit pricey compared to other hotels we researched (Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express). First we looked at a lake view room at the Baymont Inn - it had a nice view of the water, but the room seemed a bit older and not extra clean, so we went to check out the Hampton Inn - it appeared to be O.K., but they had sprayed the room with a perfumey deoderizer so we feared that there might be smells we wouldn't want to live with for two days. We settled on the Holiday Inn Express since we had stayed at an extremely nice one in Mountain Home, AR a couple days before. We spent the first night at $89 w/o taxes in a standard king N/S room (this was a few $ more than the King N/S suite we had stayed at in Mountain Home). We were sadly disappointed - it was older and in need of a thorough remodel and cleaning. The woman at the front desk told us they were in the process of remodeling rooms - they have the new bedding, but need new carpet, paint, etc.

Back to the Embassy Suites for our third night. Once again, the room was the same price, very clean, and modern. This hotel is well kept. Since it's next to the convention center, it is aimed at business travelers, but we were very happy there with the two conventions in progress. The breakfast was better than our first stay - I think this was because of the large Blue Cross/Blue Shield convention in progress. In addition to the omelet bar, they had other hot foods (french toast, oatmeal, grits) and cut fruit that they didn't have during our first night stay. We wouldn't have been able to stay an additional night because it was booked by the conventions.

They have a very clean laundry facility with two washers & dryers - only 75 cents per load, unlike the $2 we have recently seen at some hotels.

The indoor pool and exercise room are in very good shape and open late. They have a "sun" deck for those who want to sit outside and read or catch some rays.

Since we were looking at property, we didn't take a stroll down Bathhouse Row, but noticed that it seems to close up early. We did go to the park where the hot springs water is pouring down some rocks - pretty little park in the middle of town.

We went out to see Hot Springs Village, but they won't let you in unless you are a "guest" of a resident or realtor. We weren't impressed with that area because there aren't any amenities (stores, restaurants, shopping).

Don't be put off by the looks of the area around Bathhouse Row and on the way out to the Village. Take a four mile drive down to Lake Hamilton on Hwy. 7 - you will find many restaurants and a nicer part of town. The lake has everything from condos to multi-million dollar homes with boats/jet skis for rent. Try the little restaurant at Fisherman's Wharf - I had a decent crab cake and clam chowder for a good price.

We are on to Branson to stay at the Hilton Promenade. More on that in another review.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing to dislike
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank barbgbArizona
Memphis Tennessee
Reviewed September 11, 2007

This hotel is first class all the way. A lot of hotels in Hot Springs are either old and musty or budget class. Not this one. Upon arrival at the hotel, I was greeted with friendly smiling hotel staff. Check in was quick and the lobby was a beautiful oasis. I took the glass elevator up to my room. The view of the well appointed atrium was wonderful. All chairs were placed precisely around the tables to have the appearance of a geometrical landscape. If a chair was out of place, it was quickly put back into it's place. To say this hotel is neat and clean is an understatement. I opened the door to my room. It was cool, clean, everything in place and it smelled great. The managers reception that evening was more than expected. Veggies, dip, chips and dip. Free soft drinks and $1 exceptional cocktails. Breakfast the next morning was a hot buffett with cooking stations for eggs, omelets, pancakes, whatever you wanted. Even though they say dogs up to 75 pounds are welcome, in most hotels, they really are not. I had a 10lb dog that was the star of the show with the staff. They do indeed welcome dogs and acknowledge that they are a real part of your traveling family. I cannot wait to visit this hotel again. The staff alone made my trip much more than I expected.

• Liked — CLean, friendly
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Moranville
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed September 7, 2007

We stayed for 3 nights at Embassy Suites in a corner suite. We had a delightful experience. Every employee we talked to were very friendly. Breakfast choices were plenty. Best of all, this hotel is within walking distance from downtown. (By the way, the best restaurant we ate at was "Belle Arti". There was 6 of us in the party and everything we had was delicious!)

• Liked — The breakfast selection
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family