“Full price for less than half the fun”

Magic Springs Theme and Water Park
Ranked #18 of 78 things to do in Hot Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located at 1701 East Grand Avenue off of Highway 70 on the FUN side of Hot Springs, Arkansas. It is a 45 minute drive from Little Rock and within easy driving distance from Memphis, Shreveport, Dallas, and Tulsa. Magic Springs is Arkansas's only theme and water park. A single price admission ticket includes all day use of the rides, water slides, concerts, attractions and special events. The park is open weekends only from April through October and daily late-May through mid-August. Magic Springs is operated by Premier Parks, LLC.
Memphis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Full price for less than half the fun”
Reviewed June 2, 2009

Went To Hot Springs for a quick get away. We decided to enjoy some cool rides and water park at magic Springs. I had fun but I was extremly disappointed. More than half the rides were closed down along with some of the water park. Only 2 thrill rides were operating. The rides that were open were alot of fun. Half of the Shops and food concessions were closed also. No variety of food. Only hamburgers or chicken tenders. However, they did not have any problem charging you Full Price. Talked to others and they said it's been like that for over a year. If I go again, I will call first to see how much of the park is up & running. You will do better at Six Flags.

1 Thank diamante_Rosa

Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't Waste your Money”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

This park is a huge waste of money. Out of the 32 rides (including water), only 78% of them were open. For families with small children, you cannot even go to the water park because the 2 kiddie pools were closed. Most of the restaurants and stores were not open. The locker areas had an overwhelming foul order of vomit. After purchasing season passes with free parking, we still had to pay to park. We did get reimbursed, but only after waiting in another long line. The dress code is ridiculous. I purchased a two-piece swimming suit for my daughter, which included shorts and a tank top (which covered her entire stomach). After waiting in line, she was told she could not ride because her top was technically a "swimming suit". When I asked about her shorts, I was told they were ok, even though these are part of the same swimming suit. At this point we had already been at the park for hours, and she had ridden numerous rides with no problems. When I asked to speak with a manager, she was not only was rude, but also brought a small company of security guards with her. Since I bought season passes, I will go back. But every time I go back I will be contacting management with complaints. Maybe something will change eventually, but I will never buy another season pass again.

3 Thank mmj263124
cabot arkansas
“Decent theme park/water park.”
Reviewed January 12, 2009

Me and my family went on 9-6-08 and it was not crowded at all.The
water park was the most crowded place.The water in the wave pool
was freezing.The theme park was not crowded at all.Most of the rides were operating.There were 3 or 4 rides that were not operating
that day.The free drinks were really nice,except that mourning the
drinks were mix with water.Tickets prices should be about 25 dollars.Overall i would recommend it to families.But you should
in june or july.

collierville, tn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Problems brewing?????”
Reviewed August 3, 2008

We went to Magic/Crystal last year for the first time. We have two sons, one 17, one 4 so a HUGE age difference. Really impressed with the free drinks, sunscreen, tubes, etc. We went again this year and bought season passes. ($49.99/ea) Really the thing to do if you ever plan to go more than one day. The first visit this year, things were great, only 2 rides not working Xcoaster and swings. It was VERY windy (wind advisory) so we were surprised that more weren't down. However, we have now been back 3 more times this year and more and more rides are down each time. One time they handed out free return passes because so many rides were down. They run out of ice and cups and have only one person working in food areas. ( a 30 minute wait for nachos and an icee with 2 people in front of you, come on????) We have yet to ride the xcoaster or swings, rides go down and up all day long. I will say we LOVE the water park. Great variety of things to do in it from waves to float to slides for all ages. We usually go first thing, ride a few rides, swim for 2 hours, go back to hotel, nap, and return in the evening for the rest of riding. The 17y/o brings a guest and stays all day and has a blast. We have gotten our money's worth by buying season passes. Since Opryland closed in the 90's, it is the closest theme park to us. We like the size and feel safe letting our teen stay all day without us. I see trouble brewing if more maintainence isn't done. I would hate to see this happen as we have enjoyed our time there and have 2 more trips planned before end of season.

1 Thank havesonswilltravel
Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Never Visit this place, Hell on Earth”
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Okay first lets start with the huge lines to get into the place. Next the ridiculous pricing since rides were shut down and one closed while in line. Everything takes forever to do whether waiting for a roller coaster or waiting for food cause the fryer broke. I was there with 8 other people for about 6 hours and 3 of us rode 1 ride. No one tells you before you enter that rides are shut down and when you go talk to some one they have this precious old man who can't understand you and cuts you off and just keeps saying no refunds. He barely has a voice, it is truly sad. This place is a joke and should be shut down. Instead of using all carts available they use the bare minimum and the duds working there don't even know how to properly get people on and off the ride so it takes forever plus they are chatting with people the whole time not paying attention. The only thing keeping this place alive is the fact that they offer group discounts to people which makes it like a zoo in there. These people don't care cause they got in so cheap I am sure but every one else suffers who pays the dumb $45 general admission price. Please please please don't go. I never write reviews but this place is awful.

6 Thank Asmith2222