“do your research”

Magic Springs Theme and Water Park
Ranked #18 of 78 things to do in Hot Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located at 1701 East Grand Avenue off of Highway 70 on the FUN side of Hot Springs, Arkansas. It is a 45 minute drive from Little Rock and within easy driving distance from Memphis, Shreveport, Dallas, and Tulsa. Magic Springs is Arkansas's only theme and water park. A single price admission ticket includes all day use of the rides, water slides, concerts, attractions and special events. The park is open weekends only from April through October and daily late-May through mid-August. Magic Springs is operated by Premier Parks, LLC.
North Little Rock, Arkansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“do your research”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

if you like to pay large dollars for long lines, expensive food and bad attitudes by your teenage park attendants then this is the place for you. i've been here several times including when it first opened in the 1970's and while it has more rides, of dubious quality, it has lost all the charm it had. if you're going to the waterpark then invest in a rental tube. relying on the honor code of your fellow park guests is laughable. most, not all, park attendants were sloppy in appearance and acted like they would rather be anywhere else and while i would agree that catering to hundreds of people in 100 degree weather is not the best gig in the world it is the gig you signed up for so suck it up. kids loved it, of course, but they weren't the ones paying for it.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank ken h

Northern Mississippi
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Magic Screams at Magic Springs (no Crystal Falls)”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our children have just recently discovered amusement park thrill rides, so we decided to take them to the Magic Screams event when we were in Hot Springs for the weekend. It is a very small theme park, but just what we needed. They had fun and we didn't have to walk too much. A bit pricey, since we only stayed for a little over three hours, but it was getting pretty chilly and way too crowded.

Since this was a seasonal event, Crystal Falls was not open. As a matter of fact, some of the Magic Springs rides were closed.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank MBAmom
Indianola, Mississippi
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Lot of fun with not a lot of walking”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I just went to Dollywood the week before and liked Magic Springs much better. The park is full of rides and they are in close proximity to one another so that you don't feel like you have climbed a mountain every time you change rides. Eat before you go as the food is very expensive even for a theme park - $70 for two burgers plates and two chicken sandwich plates.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Bryan L
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Bit of Nostalgia”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Magic Springs is the amusement park I remember as a child. I grew up in Detroit, Michigan. However, it was about 20 miles from the city, proper. There, is where my friends and I would end up several times a month....at 'Edgewater Park!' We loved it.

The park was small, and in a wooded area, close, but far enough away to be satisfied with being away for half a day. Growing up in the 70's and the 80's, most roller coasters had wooden tracks, and were by no means big, at least by.... today's standards!

Well, if you want to enjoy a close, small park, go to Magic Springs! There are some contemporary rides that today's young people will enjoy, but there is also a roller coaster, with... a wooden track! I don't really like gigantic rides, nor do I especially like them to move very fast, now that I am 60 years old, but----the sound of the wheels of this ride bumping against the wooden tracks, takes me back. I remember the days when my best friend and I would take our younger sisters, and spend the day, to get them out of our moms' hair.

My sister still talks about those days. My dad remembers when we gave him a photo-button to wear, for Father's Day, with a photo of 'his girls', that we purchased in the area with the games
and the...'Mirror-Maze', where we always got lost! There are even some of these same games, at Magic Springs!
If you want to 'go back home', go to Magic Springs...in Hot Springs, Arkansas!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank nattyd53
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good amusement park, Great water park”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came here last weekend and had a great time. We rode most of the big rides at the amusement park and there was pretty much no line. Water park is great and very family friendly. We had fun. Our only criticisms were that the ticket line did not open up until 5 minutes before the park opened, and it moved very slowly. Plus they have an automated machine that you use to get a locker. You have to use the kiosk every time you need to get something out of your locker vs using a key. It was very inconvenient since there was always a line at the kiosk. But the good definitely out weighs the bad. Great park.

Visited September 2013