“Perfect getaway”
Come and enjoy lakefront cabin for romantic getaway or families, friends to getaway from it all!
Smith's Lakefront Cabin Areial View of Cabin and the beautiful lake Fully equiped kitchen to enjoy where you don't have to eat out every meal unless you want to.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Smith's Lakefront Cabin Areial View of Cabin and the beautiful lake
You may enjoy free use of a paddle boat if desired!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Avoyelles...
“Perfect getaway”
Reviewed October 29, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

It's the perfect little getaway. Ultra-quiet and peaceful. The rooms were stocked about like a hotel (towels, bed linens, toilet paper, paper towels). But the kitchen was fully stocked with a whole knife set, utensils, plates, cups, coffee cups, and a full-size coffee pot. There's even a washer and dryer. I only wish we could've stayed longer. The only negative that I found was the door locks weren't very convincing. There were no deadbolts; only the locking knobs and a light duty chain

ScottRG71
Hot Springs
“Outstanding little lake side Cabin!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

My family and I, which included my parents, had a great time and stay at this cozy little lake side cabin...we only wished we could've stayed longer. This little cabin accommodated 4 adults and 2 kids with no problem. My boys had a lot of fun with the paddle boat and swimming off the dock, which was big enough to tie our 16 ft pontoon onto...I only wished the fish had been biting more, but we still had a good time fishing and managed to catch several small bass, brim and a couple of nice channel catfish...and there was even a stack of wood by the fire pit, and even though we didn't get the chance to use the pit we still appreciated the set up...we'd definitely stay again...thank you very much Sharon!

RobNita
Heber Springs, Arkansas
“Relaxing Vacation”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

I rented this cabin to have a relaxing getaway with my best friend . It was very peaceful. It was like camping in the woods but with a nice cabin . The cabin was as stated . It was 2 bedroom 2 bath. I shower/ 1 shower bathtub combo. It was very clean . Normally I go in a motel and spray my Lysol but I didn't feel the need to here . We utilized the full kitchen and the grill. One night we cooked in the fire pit . We were able to wash our clothes in the laundry room before we left which was a big plus. The air worked perfect . We had no problems using the wifi . TV and VCR came in handy during the rain we had for 4 days. We could not figure out how to turn on the electric fireplace so I can't review that.. I guess we are idiots.. Lol. I didn't catch any fish . I renamed the cove " turtle haven". There were turtles swimming everywhere. I did catch a tree limb when I slung it in the tree above the pier. No fish but it was fun . I didn't get to use the paddle boat. I am a 120 lb woman and my friend has a very bad back. I knew I could get it the water myself but wasn't sure I could get it back on shore by myself . It was heavvvvy. But it looks fun and the location is perfect to use it . Not a lot of boat traffic . My only suggestion would be maybe put a sign by the drive at the top by the road saying smiths cabin . Ms Sharon was wonderful to deal with . She responded to all my texts and emails . I felt like she was a good friend by the time I left.

okc
Reviewed January 2, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Charles J
Dallas, Texas
“OMG! This is a piece of Heaven on earth!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

WOW! It is rare that the pictures of a place actually reflect what it really is. I mean, the pictures were taken years and years ago and you are in the here and now. But let me tell you! In this case, the pictures say it all! It is EXACTLY as billed! We only planned on staying one night, however, after arriving, we quickly decided that two nights were required. The cabin was clean, smelled nice, and exactly what we needed. The silence in the daytime is so beautiful. The crickets at night and the fresh air along with a roraing campfire? OMG! We cant wait to get back! The seclusion is wonderful! And to all my fishing buddies out there, make sure you bring medium to heavy duty tackle! I do not know what is in that area of the lake, but it is BIG! :-) All in all, it is WELL worth the money and I Sharon is so hospitable it's unreal! WE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The silence! The peace!
Liked least: We had to leave
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
Oct 2, 2013
Thank you Charles, Claudia and son for the review! I am thankful God sends me the best guests in the world!! I appreciate you taking the time to feel that out!! Hopefully you will help someone else out that needs to get away from this hectic world by them reading your review. I had a man one time told me he worked at a very stressful job and was thinking about taking is life until he came to the cabin where he got rest, restored with clear thinking that he knew that he wanted to live! Wow, God is good!!
Thank you again, I look forward to meeting your daughters some day when you all can come. Your son was very polite and nice. :)
God bless you,
Sharon Smith
Jennikbec...
“Super cozy and clean!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

Has everything you need . Husband and I, our 20 year old daughter and her friend visited for 4 days. Could have easily stayed longer.had a lot of fun visiting the near by buckstaff spa and Jim Coleman's crystal digging and downtown hs ,but all everyone really wanted to do was come back to cabin and hang out. The lake view is quiet and beautiful. Clean enough to swim in. We are planning to come back soon.

Arlene B
Dallas, Texas
“Fabulous 4th! Loved this place!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

3 of my friends and I rented this cabin for an extended July 4th holiday. The pictures are exactly what it looked like. Right on the waters edge of Lake Catherine. Fully stocked with all the amenities. Several things I will remember for next year (yes, we have already reserved for next July 4th weekend) is to bring a sharp knife, a frying pan (they had them but not the best quality) and that the seat backs to the paddle boat are stored in the laundry room. Sharon is wonderful to work with and my friends and I cant wait to visit again. I highly recommend renting a pontoon boat from the State Park marina-hands down the best price anywhere. We came home so relaxed and wished we could visit more often.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being right on the water
Liked least: kitchen pans and knives
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Jul 7, 2013
I am sorry about the knives, I haven't had any complaints and I thought they were very nice in the wooden block and sharp. I also thought the pans were ok. I will buy some new ones a.s.a.p. Thank you for letting me know and I want all of our guests to be satisfied! :) I am happy that you all loved the lakefront cabin and look forward to seeing you next year!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing