“Great Resturant with New Orleans Flair”
Review of Andrew's Restaurant & Bakery - CLOSED

Andrew's Restaurant & Bakery
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come visit us in downtown Hot Springs over-looking bathhouse row. We are located in an old bookie joint and speakeasy where you can actually see the betting windows from back in the day. The atmosphere is bluesy and soulfull with beautiful art by local artists. Billie Holliday,Louis Armstrong and Jelly roll Morton's pictures line our walls as well as a 200 foot mural of New Orleans. We have the best Cajun and Creole food in Arkansas. You can also have cocktails or come for the specialty coffees and fresh beignets.
Waco, Texas
“Great Resturant with New Orleans Flair”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised with this restaurant. It says restaurant and bakery on the web, but it had a wonderful New Orleans Cajun Atmosphere and menu. The food was great, and the service was wonderful. They did not have any problem dealing with a large party and multiple checks, etc. We went on a Sunday, when a lot of the downtown restaurants were closed, so a good choice for a Sunday night. We would go back.

Visited October 2012

Pineville, Louisiana
“Needs improvement”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Service was extremely slow. The food took over 45 mins to get to our table. The waitress made sure our glasses were filled but unfortunately it filled our tummies before the food got there. The Fried Shrimp Poboy was very very good. The view is fantastic but the stairway up and back to where the bathroom is was very cluttered and needed a facelift. Decent food but pretty steep price. Great view out the windows if you're fortunate enough to get one of those tables.

Visited August 2012
Indiana, United States
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We just happened onto this restaurant while walking down the street. The service is first rate and they have a top notch bar. We had dinner drinks and dessert our first visit and came back for the little sugar covered pastries, baignets I think? We will be back our next visit

Visited October 2012
Millington, Tennessee
“great staff, super food”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were headed towards another restaurant, when we were intrigued by the name (we were with our son and his wife, and his name is Andrew) and by the menu, and by the fact that one had to climb upstairs to get there. The decor and arrangement is fun and inviting, and our table overlooked Central Ave., a very attractive ambience...which was a good thing, because we were there for quite awhile! This is my only complaint, that after we ordered we waited an inordinately long time for our food - and this after my husband explained to our very earnest waiter Jerome that our son and his wife had 8 hours of travel ahead of them, and that we would appreciate receiving our food as quickly as possible. To his credit, Jerome kept checking on us, as did two other wait staff, to reassure us and to keep our water glasses filled. The three of them ordered the blackened shrimp basket and I ordered a caesar with blackened shrimp. When the food did finally arrive, it was very attractively presented - not at all what one expects when one orders a "basket" - but very creatively arranged on square white plates. And good!!! If we weren't concerned about the travel, it would have been totally worth the wait; as it is, it almost was still worth it. The shrimp was divine, the salad was tasty, and the others raved about the hush puppies and fries, both way above ordinary (I had a taste of each). Don't know if the wait was usual or not, but if they can get that point squared away, I think this place is a winner (and not just because it's named Andrew!).

• Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WORST MEAL EVER HUSBAND GOT SICK LATER”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I first ordered crab stuffed flounder they were out then ordered s snapper they were out was told to try the fried seafood platter and that would have catfish, shrimp, and oyster . It was also suppose to have crab according to the menus but they were out of crab too. I ordered it and my husband ordered stuffed shrimp for his meal. I heard the waiter at the next table tell another couple about a grilled seafood platter it sounded great so I changed my order to it. They told me they only had the one that he was telling the other couple about but would check for me. Them must have cut the fish in half because I got a plate with a clump of mushy white rice 2 small pieces of fish less than 2 inches long and 3 small over cooked sauted shrimp that were tough. It had no flavor at all. My husband only got 2 shrimp and they were mushy and tasted bad (old) the stuffing around them had little flavor and was burnt on the outside. He tried to eat one but could not finish and by time we got home was violently ill. I was so disappointed in the meal . The salid was good but they were out of most dressings. We ordered oysters Bienville and oysters Rockefellar for appetizer and they tasted almost the same only one had spinach and neither was bacon wrapped but it was edible. They had no crackers on the table for the oysters or salads . Our waiter was a very nice young man and I felt so sorry for him having to serve food like that so I left him a good tip out of pity.. The meal was over $105.00 and I have never had such small portions or bad food anywhere. The made no effort to take the food that was not edible off the tab or to exchange it... I will never go back and tell everyone I know to stay clear. Worst money I ever spent.

1 Thank Seleta