“they over charged for the room”

The Springs Hotel & Spa
Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
shreveport,la
“they over charged for the room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2007

when we checked out we found out that they had changed the rate. they would not change it.to the correct amount. we had written conformation of $69 per night and they charged $119 for two nights. still waiting for the correction. this was 4/11-14/2007.management was never there.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — street noise
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2007

A little extra attention to details would go a LONG way with this hotel. The bedding was itchy and did not have a fitted sheet! The toilet paper used within this facility was the worst I have ever used. The restaurant was disgusting and the restaurant staff was rude - walked away while I was in the middle of placing my order and didn't come back! The hotel was painting the rooms to give an updated look, but apparently used the cheapest paint available so that the fumes in our room literally made everyone sick! Don't stay here unless you are staying for the historical appeal of the building.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank kjbl21

Travelers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Little Rock,AR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2007

Some friends and I decided to take a weekend trip to Hot Springs. We stayed at the Downtown Hotel and Spa. When we arrived for check in the bellman met us at the door he was very nice. The guy that checked us in was extremely nice.
We got checked in went up to our rooms and they had a musty like order. We use air freshener to kind of mute the smell.

After getting unpacked I sat on the foot of the bed and it fell. We called the front desk and they sent maintenance down. He put it back up, but before he could get out of the door it had fallen again. He suggested that we call the front desk and we did. My friend decided that she would take a shower. The shower curtain had mold all over it, the tub had hair in it. We decided at that point we didn't want to be in that room. The guy at the front desk gave us a key to look at another room it was just as bad. Then he gave us 2 more keys those rooms weren't any better so we settled for one of them.
The next morning we went to the front desk looking for the general manger (Derrick) Carolyn told us he would be in later that morning. Carolyn was awesome. We went to the restaurant to have breakfast. My friend ordered a glass of water and juice.
When the waitress brought it out they were in plastic glasses that had grease all over them. She asked for glass. The waitress got the drinks for her in glass, but low and behold when she brought it back out there was a dead bug lying on top on the ice in the glass.

The best experience we had with the hotel was the massage. Everyone back there was extremely nice.
We have to this day hasn't heard from the General Manager of the hotel. We did speak with him at checkout. He promised to get back with us regarding our problems at the hotel but he hasn't. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone other than going in for the message and chatting with Carolyn.

• Liked — The Spa
  • Disliked — cleanliness of the room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank Halleujiah
Little Rock
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2007

Some friends and I decided to go to Hot Springs for the weekend. I booked downtown hotel and spa. The guy that checked us in was very nice. The guys that do the massages were wonderful. Carolyn the lady at the front desk was very nice. And the lady that checks you in to get your massage was very nice. Our room on the other hand is a different story. When I got ready to take showers that night the tub had hair in it. One of the beds kept falling down every time you sit on it. I called about another room and they had us to come down to get a key to look at another room, it has hair all in the tub. I went down and got two more keys to look at two other rooms and one of them had hair all over the counter top. I decided to get the last room we looked at. When I was about to shower the bathroom had gnats in it. I went down and got some gnat spray and told them that this is ridiculous that I was not moving into another room and I were informed to speak to the district manager (Derrick) that morning. That morning I never saw him and on top of that I went to eat at the restaurant in the hotel and I was giving greasy plastic cups and when asked for a glass. There was a dead fly in my glass. I never got to see the manager until I was checking out Sunday and when asked why come he didn't call us he said he didn't work that Saturday and I had to set it straight and tell him that we knew he had worked b/c his staff told us he was in and out. He just looked at me dumbfounded. He also said that he will investigate the matter and get back with me the following Monday or Tuesday; he has never gotten back with me yet. The head housekeeper was the one who cleaned our rooms, dang head housekeeper and doing that poor of a job come on get real she needs to be demoted.

• Liked — Carolyn was very nice. We need more front desk personnels like her
  • Disliked — the room were nasty
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank blessedchild
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2007

We just returned from Hot Springs were we stayed at two different hotels book through two different online sites. This hotel is in need of renovation in the worst way. The carpet in our room was so bad that we wouldn't pull our shoes off without being on the bed. Didn't even shower while there. The first room they gave us wasn't cleaned and someone still had there shoes there. After complaining they gave us a room down the hall that had dirty dishes setting out in front of the door all night and all day. This hotel is too dirty for words. I did take a picture with my phone didn't have a camera handy. It has been two days now and I'm still waiting on the manager to call me.

• Liked — Food
  • Disliked — Dirty
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VirginiaUsa
Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2007

We had not been to Hot Springs before, but we did review it with city search before we went. Our stay at the downtown hotel was very relaxing and the staff was very helpful about places to go to eat and things to do and see. This hotel is doing all kinds of improvements and it is really looking nice. The restaurant was closed most of the time we were there, except for breakfast, but I understand that it is leased through the hotel and if there are not very many rooms they don't open. It would be really nice if the hotel ran it's own restaurant. However, there are plenty of other restaurants within walking distance. The parking is okay, but there is a big mountain right behind the hotel so sometime you have to park up a hill to the side of the mountain, but it's not like the hotel can just move a whole mountain. Apparently the hotel has changed ownership sometime last year. The new owners are very nice and friendly and helpful with some places to eat and go see, also. We stayed in a suite on the 9th floor, it was clean and it was wonderful. it had a balcony, lots of room, and a beday. One of those toilets that cleans your rear. We did not try it but it made it kind of fancy that it was there. We will stay there again, and I'd recommend it to anyone. Only thing we did not like so much was the actual keys to the rooms instead of the card type, but this is an older hotel and I understand that they will eventually do away with the keys. There was a some noise from the street at night but had no problem sleeping, we usually stay up and watch moives until 2 or 3 am anyway. Also there we not many guest there when we stayed and that's the way we like it. We don't like to go anywhere when it's a holiday or when they will be very full or crowed with people.

• Liked — The friendliness of the owners and sftaff.
  • Disliked — the actual keys to get in your room.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mdr6770
Tulsa, OK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2007

We tried staying at the Downtowner on two separate occasions.

The rooms are cramped and dank and the outside noise level is high.

Worst of all is the parking lot on the hill, which is in the dark is quite a distance from the hotel.

We stay at the Embassy now.

Stayed March 2005