“Can't beat the location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Springs Hotel & Spa

The Springs Hotel & Spa
Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Can't beat the location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Our visit was over a long weekend. Overall, the hotel was comfortable. Everything in the room appeared very clean and kept.

Road noise was noticeable and parking was not as secure as I was comfortable with. The venting in our room picked up a heavy smoke smell from what we could tell was coming from the "Non Smoking" room next door.

I probably wont stay there again, but glad to say I at least experienced it.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Fort Smith, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

It has been years since I have stayed at the The Springs, formerly the Downtowner. The decor is relatively unchanged, the front desk staff was efficient and our rooms were available when checked in at 3pm. We stayed in room 710 and 706. The rooms were large and clean, however decor was slightly dated. Our balcony was large and street facing, which is neat to watch people and traffic but can be noisy on busy weekends. Both rooms were king bed with 2 chairs, a desk and a tv/ dresser armoire. Bathrooms are small and need some rechaukling.

The location is great to the strip and everything is in walking distance. The only complaint I had the restaurant, they advertise room service but didn't deliver. The in room menu did not show a breakfast menu, so I walked down the night before to look at one. I wasn't able to take it with me so I took a picture with my phone. The next morning I called the room service number and after 3 unanswered calls, I called front desk and they explained that it was a private restaurant and could not control the service. I ended up walking down to the restaurant and ordered to go. I thought that the reason they didn't answer the phone was they were busy, but when I walked in only 2 tables had people seated. Again this was not the hotels restaurant but it did effect the stay. I had a spa appt at 10am and preferred to have a lazy morning with room service. Both our rooms had microwaves and refrigerators which were nice. Over all I would stay there again but would have much lower expectations.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mbart25
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Hello, When we go to Hot Springs, we have stayed several times at this hotel. It is always clean, nice people, very very helpful on area!! The only negative I could say, is the quality of the restaurant they have at hotel, PLEASE CHANGE! Also the Spa 135 (inside hotel) has bad hours & unreliable hours. "If" you get in, a VERY nice spa, but sadly run poorly. Could be a HUGE asset. Overall, if you visit, stay here, cliff side rooms!!

Room Tip: Wonderful bedding, get a "cliff side" room! They view can't be beat, plus a large balc...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crispytommy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

My children cried the minute they saw the room. The lobby was alright but did not match what was in the rooms. I thought I was in the movie The Shining. Old furniture, stained carpet, stained ceiling, uncomfortable beds. Bathrooms horrible. No lids for toilet. I told my kids to hurry up and go to sleep so the morning would come faster to check out. The staff was nice though. They're trying.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank sofakingweetoddit

Travelers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Trouble in paradise – Hotel not pet friendly and here’s my story. I was passing through Hot Springs on my way to Texas and I decided I would stay in Hot Springs on my way back and I was traveling with my dog – Pookie Boy a mid size 44 pound mutt. I checked with the front desk in person to see if they were Pet Friendly and the answer was yes. Two weeks later I leave Texas and I call the hotel to confirm that they have availability and are pet friendly. Many hours later after a grueling drive I arrive at The Springs Hotel and Spa at midnight and try to check in but the desk clerk tells me – No can do! My Dogs exceeded the 15 pound weight limit. I explained to the night clerk I was never informed about a pet policy/weight limit and if such a policy existed why would the hotel management not tell potential guesses? I check twice that they weer pet friendly. They showed no compassion remember it was midnight, it was cold and I was exhausted. Please vote with your dollars and by-pass this hotel stay at the Arlington Hotel just up the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Ron D
virginiawilliams, General Manager at The Springs Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We are pet friendly - with a 25lb limit. Also if you're going to leave pet in room by itself for a while it needs to be crated, so housekeeping can do their job.
This is all posted on our website.
We apologize for the night clerk, they should have been polite and explain hotel policy better.
Richardson, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Checked in on Sunday evening and tv in room was not functioning properly. Evening desk clerk said he would turn the problem into maintenance the next day. We had to watch program we didn't want to miss in the lobby even though we asked if we could change rooms. We were told that we could not change rooms. We were up and out by 9:30 on Monday morning to check out downtown and bath house row. Throughly enjoyed our experience at Buck Staff Bathhouse. Returned to our room around 6 pm. Our room had not even been cleaned. Beds not made, trash not emptied, towels not replaced--nothing was done. Checked tv and it was the same as it was before. So we went back down to desk and were told that cleaning staff went home. We were supposedly the only people staying for a second night so they would just wait and come back the next day to clean the 5 rooms that were used all on the same day. This is a 6 story hotel and only 5 rooms were in use on Sunday evening but we couldn't change to a room in which the tv was working properly. Now it was too late to check out and go down the street to the Arlington so we were stuck. Next morning we asked to speak to the manager (there is no manager on duty at night). She told us two different stories about the reason there was no clean up service in the room. She also got very huffy with us and yelled at us. She refused to give us the name of the owner of the hotel not did she contact the owner to let us speak with them. I am also going to contact the Hot Springs Better Business Bureau. One of the reasons this hotel was chosen was because of the "balcony" with a mountain view. The mountain view is actually over a parking lot! Also, there had been repairs made to the painted wall in the room, but the paint on the patches did not match the rest of the wall. Also, wood on balcony was rotting. There has to be much better hotels to stay at in downtown Hot Springs. I will not go back here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank eileen t
We are sorry that your TV did not get fixed as you were told.
Housekeepers go home as soon as rooms are cleaned for the day. If there's a Do Not Disturb on a guest room door, then housekeeping does not go in and clean.
This is the off season and we only keep a limited staff on hand.
The wood on the balcony is not rotting-it's cedar & was painted a few years ago by previous owners. The manager has never yelled at anyone & tries to make all guests comfortable.
We hope you'll be more comfortable elsewhere.
Cut Off, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was very disappointed in this hotel. We were "upgraded" to an efficiency room. The carpet was torn and ripped in several places and was very dirty. The wallpaper was ripped in several places and had been stapled back together. The kitchen area was filthy. The place offers free wi-fi although I was never able to access the internet. The sitting area was crammed full of furniture and the tv does not turn to face the bed so you can't watch TV while laying down. There were insufficent outlets in the room, Our phone stopped working on the second day and I was told that maintenance was gone for the day. A requested wake up call did not occur. The amenities were poor. The only good things about the hotel were the balcony and the comfy bed. It is run down and in sore need or an update. I WOULD NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We apologize for your room not being up to standard. The issues you had on the room have been addressed. The extra furniture has been taken out and we're getting ready to re-carpet the room.
About the WIFI - we didn't have any other complaints about it not working.
This hotel was built in the 60's and there wasn't a need for lots of outlets then like there is in today world.
Regarding the phone problem and wakeup call issue, we called the phone company and they came the next day and fixed a problem at our switchboard.
Again we apologize...