The Springs Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Waters(Hot Springs)
  • Restaurant
Happy Hollow Motel(Hot Springs)
Ozark Courts(Hot Springs)
  • Breakfast included
Lynwood Motel(Hot Springs)
Economy Inn(Hot Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewsspa staffolder hoteldowntown hot springsrowoaklawn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We may as well have slept outside. First room we got the toilet leaked bad, then the next room we got still had other peoples soap and shampoo in the tub. The toilet leaked from the handle in this room. The carpet looked horrible like it never gets vacuumed or cleaned. The front desk seemed unhappy to be working there. The balcony still had cig butts on it and hadn't been swept off. Nothing about it made you feel like you were in a clean room. Will never come back! The pics look better than the actual thing. My daughter has asthma and she had a lot of trouble breathing well. The vents were covered In dust bad. I slept with my clothes on. We didn't dare use the coffee pot no telling when it was last cleaned. It was below awful.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank Coryography
mgarey, Guest Relations Manager at The Springs Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your stay.

We apologize for the cleanliness quality of your room. We do pride our hotel in service, quality, and especially cleanliness. We are taking the proper steps to address the problems you had during your stay.

Please keep us in mind when you visit Hot Sprins again, and we will take take the proper steps to treat your stay as comfortable as possible. We will make your stay better in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

I went to Hot Springs to relax for a long overdue vacation. I do not travel without my dog. After several hours of searching the internet to try to find a "pet friendly" hotel I picked this one. The hotel was FULL of drunks that were extremely loud and of course made my dog bark. The manager Fran,who is the rudest person I have EVER came in contact with, put me through pure HECK over my dog barking even though I was told by a staff member that the drunks were agging on my dog by making barking noises. I was a hostage in the room because if I ever left the room the manager Fran would call an ORDER me VERY RUDELY to come back and "take car of my dog".

This hotel IS NOT PET FRIENDLY.
To try and make a super long HORROR story short, It iwas also 85-90 degrees in our room because Hot Springs was "Unseasonably" hot and per the manager Fran's remarks "This is a old hotel and it takes 3 days to get the heat changed over to air conditining. So open up your door on your balconey." Then when you opened up the balcony door you had the pleasure of seeing and hearing all the drunks that were around you hooping and hollering and URINATING off their balconies onto yours. Don't bother complaining because nothing will be done. I tried. It must be alirhgt to the management to have drunks making the hotel sound like a loud bar and screaming and hollering but heaven forbid a dog bark in a "pet frindly" hotel.

I could go on and on but I hope you get the point. This IS NOT the place to go and relax, and the Manager.........well hope you get the point about her.

There were 2 pluses........the resturant has excellent food and service and the Spa was wonderful with great staff.

BEWARE OF THE MANAGER FRAN IF YOU GO HERE!!!!!!!!! SHE HAS A VERY SHARP TONGUE AND DOES NOT MIND SCREAMING AT AND DEGRADING THE GUESTS WITH IT.!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Baubbles
Reviewed February 5, 2011

We are very experienced travelers and while The Springs Hotel is dated the perks are great. Wonderful staff make up for worn out furniture, great view of downtown from a private balcony balances out the shabby lobby. The rooms are very spacious and the staff bent over backwards for us. We will defiantly stay here again but would pick a different spa.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed December 18, 2010

We found The Springs to be clean, the lobby is really nice and our room was clean and spacious with nice beds and linens. The spa was very nice and the staff wonderful. We didn't eat in the hotel but enjoyed dinner at J's Italian Villa AWESOME!! We will be back in February with the inlaws to enjoy Hot Springs and will stay at The Springs again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wendyrt
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Came in to town after a 5 hr drive to find downtown blocked off. Called hotel who said we would have to wait 2 hours because there was an UNEXPECTED Veterans Day parade going on... (This would be the 12th ANNUAL parade !!!) finally got into the room & it's a dump. Mold on ceilings, iron burns on carpet, lamps don't work. Tried to make the best of the night and would move on tomorrow ... Ordered from restaurant - really nice staff, but lousy food. On the way back to the room we had to dodge AT LEAST 3 ceiling leaks. They had towels down almost as if they gave up! I understand old ... But this place needs serious work. I would have rather stayed at Motel 6 instead of this place. Packing up and leaving in the morning!

• Stayed: November 2010
virginiawilliams, Manager at The Springs Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2011

The Springs Hotel and Spa management apologizes for the poor experience you had with us. We pride ourselves on great customer service and ensuring that all guests have nice accommodations. Unfortunately the hotel has no control over city parades or the city streets being closed to arriving guests. We do, however, have control over the state of our rooms and have never had any complaints on moldy ceilings. The hotel did a "spring cleaning" over the winter season, beginning in October, and cleaned all 133 rooms top to bottom. As for the ceiling leaks in the lobby, leaks happen from time to time in a historic hotel and all leaks are dealt with in a timely manner. The towels were down in the lobby for our guests' safety while the problem was being resolved.