“To Die For!!!”

Fat Bottomed Girl's Cupcakes
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Hot Springs
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was in love with this place just based on the name, but the fact that they had excellent cupcakes made it a favorite in my book. I chose the Salted Caramel, and my mom had the Strawberry Cheesecake. I tried a bite of hers, and while it was also delicious, the Salted Caramel was a-mazing! Oh, and it was pretty cool that they're going to be on Food Network June 16...I'll be watching!

1  Thank Lauren S

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Today I went and purchased 6 cupcakes; salted caramel x2, red velvet, peanut butter cup x2 and strawberry cheesecake. Each cupcake looked beautiful and delicious. When I arrived home I cut the cupcakes and tasted them. Red velvet was first. It was moist but the icing was a little too cheesy for me. Next was the salted caramel. I loved the flavor but the cupcake itself was very dry. It would be perfect if it was a little more moist. After this I tried the peanut butter cup. Once again the cupcake was too dry. The flavor was great but it just needed to be more moist. I personally thought that they were all good cupcakes but needed a little moisture. None of them just blew me away. I still haven't tried the cheesecake cupcake. I was so incredibly full.
Last thought. I do not think the cupcakes are a very good value at $16 per half dozen.

1  Thank Summ312
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Group of two familys (ten people total) invaded Fat Bottomed Girl's Cupcakes Spring Break 2013 and we went back twice. The favorite of the group was a tie between the Chocolate on Chocolate and the Irish Car Bomb with the Lemon Lavender in a close second. The service was good both of our families enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Moist cupcakes with delicious frosting served by a friendly, knowledgeable staff person (or owner?) I even wanted to have some shipped, but she said they had a few kinks to iron out after some Valentine's Day packaging glitches. We have a storefront of that very well-known CA cupcakery here in Dallas (the one that started it all ;)) and I think Fat Bottomed Girls are offering a better product. If they ever offer shipping, they'll become one of my go-to special occasion deliveries.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I love sweets, but never been a fan of paying $3-4 for a cupcake....... until now. We tried to grab a cupcake our first night here, but they were already closed. We were able to make there our second day. I tried one of their salted caramel cupcakes, it was incredible. I drug my wife back the next day. I wanted to try something else, and after painstakingly staring down the flavors, I chose the salted caramel. Even better the second time around. I think we need to stop by on the way out of town for a half dozen.