“Liked the Place, Not the Cupcakes”

Fat Bottomed Girl's Cupcakes
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Hot Springs
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a very cute, well run shop but we were disappointed with the cupcakes. We ordered 6 to go, inlcuding their best-selling salted caramel and didn't care for any of them. Despite the cute names and unique flavors, they were very similar to what you would buy in the store - no filling or fancy toppings. The two chocolate-cake ones we had seemed to be burned and the others were dry. As others said, the frosting is sugar-based and if you don't like super-sweet you will be scaping it off. The lavender-lemon cupcake was our favorite because of the unique taste but still not worth trying.

There are newer reviews for Fat Bottomed Girl's Cupcakes

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Pretty good cupcakes. Nothing outstanding or out of this world if you've tried other "specialty" cupcakes but overall pretty tasty. We got the strawberry cheesecake and sea salt caramel. I did like the texture of the inside if the cupcake, once you cut it open it has an incredibly moist center. Should definitely go try while in Hot Springs.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The frosting of the cup cakes has way too much sugar. I cannot even eat one without getting sick. I went a second time to pick up a few for a gift & saw flies in the glass with the cupcakes. I will not go there again.

1  Thank Natassia K
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Was in Hot Springs for the opening weekend at Oaklawn, got rained out on Saturday and just happened to be exploring Bathhouse Row when we jumped on TripAdvisor and found this place just a few blocks down. They had more cupcakes in there than I could ever dream of. Every single one of them looked delicious. Grabbed a Salted Caramel and a Peanut Butter cupcake to go and ate them later that afternoon. They were both delicious, I highly recommend this as a must-stop, will definitely be back!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am normally not a cupcake fan but I always stop in here when I am in Hot Springs. I had the Salted Caramel cupcake this time and it was really good. They have great coffee too.