“Wash the windows!”

Super 8 Hot Springs
Ranked #33 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
Reviewed May 17, 2014

The front desk staff were were warm and helpful (both night and day staff). The room was terrific. Breakfast was good. So, why are the room windows so dirty? Looking out a dingy, dirty window makes the room feel not so clean. :-(

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Howard C

Reviewed March 23, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I agree with Garner, if you can stay somewhere else, do it! Just an overnight trip to Hot Springs from Little Rock, I didn't want to spend a lot for lodging, I'd rather spend more on activities & dining. Well, I guess you get what you pay for, although I'd thought I would have gotten more for my $100. On the 1st night, went downstairs to see if they had a Coke machine. The desk clerk told me the machine was broken, but I could go out that door & across the alley to the liquor store & get one. It was 9:30pm & I told her "I'd pass". Next, the bed's were very firm, I woke up with a backache. Last, & this is what I found inexcusable, upon check-out at 10:30am ( I suspect a high volume time for them) there was no one to help us at the front desk. We stood there for 20 minutes & I was 1st in line with people stacking up behind us. I called the house phone & it rang 50 times before it finally hung up, still no staff. We flagged down a laundry worker who said "There's no one there?", but she was unable to find anyone either. Finally a man behind us walked over to the liquor store to see if they could help us find someone. A lady from the liquor store came & checked me out for $10 more than I had been quoted at check-in. To top it all off, when I called Super 8 customer service to make a complaint, I stayed on hold for an additional 15:43 minutes before I got a live person. This is horrible customer service & in my opinion inexcusable. Are they in the Hotel business or not? Well in my book from now on they are "NOT". I will never stay at a FAR FROM SUPER 8 AGAIN!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The heater may catch fire any time and is burning so much it set off the smoke alarm in the room upon starting it. Hair on the vanity upon arrival and made them re-clean, didn't see hair halfway in the bed sheets until late at night going to bed when pulled the covers back. Strings hanging all over the spread and probably never cleaned in years. Gross debris all over an overstuffed easy chair. Acutely stained tub I would never use. This is the second strike in Wyndham properties for us (the other was a Travel Lodge), they seem to have awful products and have lost us for good as patrons.

Room Tip: There are none as we looked at a few since we were pre-charged.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family