“Never again...”

Red Carpet Inn Hot Springs
Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
“Never again...”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

My family spent the day at Magic Springs and then stayed here after our day at the park. Our first impression included a stained shower rug, spiders and cockroaches...yes, cockroaches scurrying about... Our room keys didn't work, but luckily worked for the other room (we stayed in adjoining rooms). When my husband sat down on the bed, the box spring broke and we spent the night rolling sideways. In the morning, continental breakfast consisted of dry cereal, no milk, no juice, and the staff reluctantly made a second pot of coffee, which was never refilled... Honestly, this was the most disturbing stay that we have ever braved... But never again!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank MommaMote

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here about 10 years ago.back then it was a really nice place, for the value and money, back then had a fridge&microwave in the rooms. Now its just a fridge,the rooms have really been left go.the bed sags in the middle,the walls or so thin you can hear the conversation of people in the next room.The carpet is dirty,so are the rooms.I would definitely never stay here again.For $20 more I could have stayed at Americas Best Value Inn, that looked brand new.big mistake on my part.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank harleybrewski

Travelers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Pros: reasonable rates, clean rooms, air conditioner was cold, pool was clean, balcony for each room, ice/vending/laundry machines, quiet, next door to Magic Springs, wifi

Cons: not in town (about 7 minutes from downtown), pool has concrete bottom and we all have raw feet and skinned knees, no microwave in room, tv is small, outdated decor

Overall, I would stay here again if the rates remained the same.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank MonLHG
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed in Hot Springs for several days and was very pleased with Knights Inn. We arrived about an hour before check in but that was no problem, the room was ready for us. The employees were polite and helpful with Inn questions as well as directions and information about the area. My room was clean and spacious with a balcony overlooking the pool. The room had its own temperature control system and I am cold natured so I loved that.The area was quiet an peaceful so the balcony was a plus. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Hot Springs

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Euless, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The room was bigger than I expected, which was nice. It was clean and didn't have a musty smell. The jacuzzi was excellent. When we arrived the room wasn't ready, but within 15 minutes, it was. Every employee we talked to was very nice and courteous.
Cons:
Same breakfast every day. The TV was staticy on some channels. The jacuzzi had one supet jet not working. The room could us a vanity in the bathroom.
Overall, I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna T
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed there several days while i was in town for a family visit. This is the second time that i have stayed at the Knights Inn and really enjoyed my stay. The help employees were very helpful both at the front desk and the maid and maintanence staff. The rook was cleaned every day and when i did have a problem with a broken shower head i let the maintanence man know and it was fixed within a half an hour. The hotel was nice and quiet both day and night and was glad to find out that they have video cameras watching the grounds at all times. Any time that i come back to Hot Srings I will be sure to stay at the Knights Inn and will tell all of my friends about it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the side are very quiet and away from traffic
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank james j
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I recently planned a stay at this hotel as part of a mini vacation in celebration of our anniversary. We chose this hotel because it was within our price range, and close to many things that we thought would be fun to do during our visit. We arrived at the hotel later in the evening, and were pleased with the courteous staff and easy check in process.

Once in our room, however, we were wishing we had spent a little more to stay somewhere else. The room was extremely cold, and the heater didn't warm it up for many hours, making it a miserably cold night for sleeping. Once the room was heated, it was comfortable, making our second night much more pleasant. Aside from the heating issue, I was pretty disappointed in the amenities in the room. The website claims that the rooms have a coffee/tea maker, and an iron and ironing board, but our room had none of these items. The coffee maker was the only thing I really would have liked to have had, since it was very cold during our stay, and we did not like having to walk to the lobby every time we wanted some coffee. Also, the mattress was very worn, and sagged in the middle, making for a very uncomfortable stay.

Our first morning, we ventured down to the lobby to see about the continental breakfast. I have seen better selections, but for the price of our stay, I felt they did a good job with the breakfast.

Probably the most alarming part of our stay, was our discovery of bedbugs the morning of check out. We were sitting on the bed eating breakfast, when all of a sudden, I noticed a bug I didn't recognize, crawling on the sheets. I had never seen bedbugs before, but that is the first thing that came to my mind. After Googling images of bedbugs, I was able to confirm my findings. My husband and I tore apart the bed and found several more (1 adult and several in the earlier stages of their life cycle), before taking them to the front office to warn them of the problem. We were told that no management comes in on Sunday, so it would be reported to them when they came in Monday morning. Having no idea on what precautions to take, we asked what we should do in order to avoid an infestation in our own home. The lady at the desk gladly offered me a plastic bag to put my things in. However, I refused the offer since I had a dog with me, and had also been in my car a lot as we spent the two days site seeing. I thought it pointless to put my belongings in a bag when my car was likely to have bugs, as well as my dog and her bed and blankets. All she could say about my concern of infestation of my car and home, was "I don't know what to say, I've never dealt with this before". I was told management would give me a call to address my concern, but they never did. I felt they should have at least offered to comp one of our nights for the inconvenience, but no such luck. Fortunately for us, we have an exterminator who is glad to help us out, even on his day off (unlike the hotel management). He told us how to handle the situation (by bathing ourselves and our dog immediately and leaving everything in our garage), and came by the very next day to fumigate. We are hoping there won't be an infestation in our house since we did find the bugs before we left the hotel, allowing us to fix the problem before it happened. I fear someone else could potentially stay here without noticing the bugs, and consequently have an infestation in their own home.

This hotel is located close to many things to do in the area, so we were pleased with the ease of getting around. However, we will spend the extra $100 a night next time, and stay somewhere cleaner. We will NEVER visit this hotel again!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple