“Won't stay again”

Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
guntersville, Alabama, USA
“Won't stay again”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I haven't been a fan of Knights Inn anyways, but my husband booked it. I didn't have high hopes to start with. Pulling up to it i wouldn't have stayed if it wasn't already paid for. Staff was very nice and helpful. Room was very old looking but thankfully we never saw any bugs. I pulled the sheets down and everything was very clean looking. Bed was as hard as a rock though. Breakfast was very disappointing. Overall i don't think i will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kira g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed May 15, 2012

one bar of soap in 3 days, no shampoo, no vacuuming until i asked it to be done at the front desk. breakfast: take your pick of two kinds of cereal. no decaf coffee.

room is in pretty good shape except for the roaches. when taking a shower, one ust rub up against the not quite new vinal shower curtain.

Room Tip: my room is ok. tv is peanut sized. wifi is reasonable. sheets are clean; bed is a little bit lumpy...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I prepaid for my reservation at Knights Inn on Hotwire for all of three cents less (for a Monday night stay) than I subsequently found quoted on the Knights Inn website. Thanks, Hotwire. You stuck it to me and how. CAVEAT EMPTOR: Hotwire "identified" this hotel as 2.5 stars with continental breakfast. Don't blindly trust Hotwire for hotels in Hot Springs, Arkansas!

It's worth noting that this hotel is in the Wyndham Group. It certainly represents the low end of Wyndham's quality scale and, in fact, sets the bar shockingly low. This is NOT a two-star hotel, continental breakfast notwithstanding. These conditions, if present in a county jail, would be grounds for a law suit. Add Wyndham to the list of companies requiring cross-check against TripAdvisor prior to booking.

In light of other recent reviews of this hotel, I conducted a an inspection of my bed for bed bugs and did not find any bugs or (I think) sign of bugs. But I did find an accumulation of unidentifiable filth (I was limited to a 10x jeweler's magnifying glass and a flashlight). Bed bug sign could be present under the stratigraphy of foulness I found around the edge of the box springs, but I could not find it.

Also, I did not find any roaches anywhere in the hotel.

I did detect a cloying aroma of old urine inside the room, but only intermittently and only near the door connection to the room next door (it could have been the neighbors).

Hotel rooms can be disgusting places if housekeeping is not properly attended to and Knights Inn is a case in point. It is an old hotel -- old, not vintage -- and I would not give a bad review solely on the fact that the bath tub has been broken and poorly repaired, the trim looks like it was painted by a kindergarten class on tight schedule, the bathroom counter is rotten and unsteady, etc. These things in an old hotel can be a little charming.

Filth, however, is intolerable in a hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

memphis
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We killed 3 roaches in our first 5 min. Completely disgusting. Carpet nasty, smells like roach spray. Had to leave the room. Completely disgusting place

• Stayed April 2012
Cabot, Arkansas
Reviewed March 25, 2012

During the check in process, the hotel staff wouldn't stop watching TV. They weren't very helpful in helping us get a trolly for our bags, and didn't seem to want to answer any questions. The room was dirty, the faucet is outside the bathroom, so anytime you got up to use the facilities during the night you wake the whole room up. The second day of our trip they turned our cards off while we were at the water park, so when we returned exhausted, we had to go down to the office to get new keys.
The continental breakfast was stale, the milk was never cold so I didn't dare eat cereal.
Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. There are better, cheaper hotels in hot Springs. Don't be lured in by the distance to the amusement/water park, there are several hotels just as close that are clean and where you will be well cared for.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Clean, spacious room, continental breakfast

1 Thank Jenmar5283
Baldwyn, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed January 26, 2012

When we arrived the clerk said their was no water. They are working on it but we don't know how long it will be off. This should have been our tip off. The room carpet was NASTY, table and chairs were moved over to block the connecting door leaving a hanging light out in the room, the curtain rod was too small for the window so the curtain DID NOT cover the window, the tub had large hunks out of the finish, bed spread and blanket felt sticky dirty. NASTY NASTY NASTY! We did NOT stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple