“Incredible Food”

Mr. Whiskers
Ranked #11 of 277 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 22, 2014

After seeing the high marks, we made our way over for dinner (be careful they close at 8 during the week) and were extremely happy we did, this was probably our favorite meal of our trip. All of the food is fried fresh and perfectly, plus the burgers were great. I really enjoyed the sauce bar with all sorts of things to dip your fried goodies in. The Parmesan sauce was awesome! I don't think you could order anything bad here, so don't miss it! The staff was overly nice as well.

There are newer reviews for Mr. Whiskers

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Mr whiskers is in a shopping center so it can be easy to miss. It's a small diner and the staff was incredibly friendly. My wife ordered my son a burger and he later said he had asked for chicken. One of the staff brought him a chicken strip after she heard the conversation. Well above and beyond what I've seen in a loooong time. The food was good and everyone in our party of 7 was very satisfied.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our family has a tradition of having fish frys so I have pretty high expectations. As such I found Mr. Whiskers catfish to be good but not great. I felt the food had a strong taste and was somewhat overcooked. I did enjoy the atmosphere, the service was really good and the people very nice. The people eating with me raved about the fried shrimp so if I go again that is the dish I plan to order. I did enjoy the coleslaw and hushpuppies.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We tried the oysters; catfish; chicken; and ribs. Everything was great, as were the hush puppies; friendly staff ensured a great time too.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

You order at the counter and then sit down to wait for your meal to be served, nothing fancy but the food is outstanding. Great fried shrimp, catfish, hush puppies, fries and cole slaw. There is plenty of food in the combos or any of the plates, you won't leave hungry. They were out of ribs at 7 pm, but they close at 8 pm and I'm not going to complain about them running out of food when the food they do have is so good. I'll try the ribs the next time I'm here. Like I said, this is a top notch restaurant and if you want just good southern food, this is the place to go. I'll be back!

1  Thank RLStandridge