“Top Notch place for good food and good service” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Top Notch place for good food and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

You order at the counter and then sit down to wait for your meal to be served, nothing fancy but the food is outstanding. Great fried shrimp, catfish, hush puppies, fries and cole slaw. There is plenty of food in the combos or any of the plates, you won't leave hungry. They were out of ribs at 7 pm, but they close at 8 pm and I'm not going to complain about them running out of food when the food they do have is so good. I'll try the ribs the next time I'm here. Like I said, this is a top notch restaurant and if you want just good southern food, this is the place to go. I'll be back!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank RLStandridge

“Great find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My family has been visiting Hot Springs for years, but had never eaten or even heard of Mr. Whiskers. Mistake! After seeing that it ranked 2nd we had to see why. It is a very casual, out of the way place....but so worth the effort. Ribs were fantastic! As were the hush puppies (order the hush puppy basket!)! My crew had both the fish and chicken and were amazed at how good everything was! All of the sides were great too!! We couldn't believe we had never heard of this place! It is now on our must visit place when we are in town!!

Austin, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We visited during a really busy moment with a large family so there was a bit of a wait. But it was so worth it!! I had grilled catfish, my boyfriend had fried. Both excellent and better than most I've had. Don't miss the soaked salad. It's over the top good!

Arlington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food and service was very good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We were on vacation in Hot Springs and ate here based on the reviews. Ribs were off the bone, shrimp was prepared and cooked just right and the side were very good. And they give you your money worth in portions. I definitely recommend this place.

1 Thank Ladonna J
Little Rock
“New favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I'm from Kansas City and frequently visit Memphis for ribs. I have to say, Mr Whisker's ribs were the best I've ever had - hands down. Everything was wonderful! Splurge and get the hush puppy basket - you won't regret it. Very nice people and excellent service!