“A real surprise!”

Hot Springs, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A real surprise!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

You won't be too impressed when you drive up to the location, but please do yourself a favor and go inside. You'll find catfish, ribs, burgers, po boys, etc. We had catfish, po boys, and ribs - all of which were superb. Prices are very reasonable, and the owner was friendly as well - he went around to all the tables to chat and make sure everything came out okay. We come to HS every year, and we've had meals here that cost 3 or 4 times more, but we enjoyed this meal just as much.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jesse N

Fort Worth, Texas
“Favorite Place to Eat”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Wow!! This place was fantastic. The catfish & oysters were some of the best we've ever had. The service was superior also. Definitely would recommend this place!!

Visited June 2014
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“This place is AWESOME!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Great food at fast food prices. My crawfish po boy basket was $6.95. Catfish was great, chicken tenders were great, burgers were great. Can't say enough good things about this place. Staff was friendliest we've encountered all week. Definitely go here, it's not on the main drag but you will be sorry if you skip it.

• Visited June 2014
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
“Really good food!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Mr. Whiskers was one of our first stops when we arrived in Hot Springs. I also search Trip Advisor reviews before we make selections on food and attractions in new places. Mr. Whiskers had wonderful reviews so we thought we would check it out.
When you walk in you notice it is a quaint little place, nothing real fancy. There are a lot of fishing decorations and such. You walk up to the counter and look over the menu they have hanging above and order your food at the counter.
They bring it out to your table when it is ready. The staff was very friendly and courteous. My husband ordered the BBQ Rib dinner and I ordered the Catfish Dinner. We did not have to wait very long at all for our food. Presentation was nice and it didn't look like they just threw it on the plate which is always pleasant.
My husband really enjoyed the ribs and said they had some of the best beans he has eaten in a long time. My catfish dinner was very good. I think the hushpuppies were actually my favorite. They were very crisp and had a thin crunchy coating.I will say it wasn't the BEST catfish and ribs we have had. However,we were pleased with our meals and would definitely go there again.

• Visited May 2014
Dallas
“Local joint, worth a visit”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Lots of great fresh, fried seafood, po boys, ribs. They have healthy salad options. My husband and I shared the ribs (literally the meat falls off the bone) and fried oysters. My husband loved the black beans & rice. Excellent hush puppies. Great, quick service.

**Closed Sunday & Monday, not ideal for late night as they close at 8pm.

• Visited June 2014