“Good catfish”

Mr. Whiskers
Ranked #9 of 288 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I grew up in Georgia and my older brother provided catfish for several popular restaurants. He could prepare the very best catfish I ever had. This was not as good as his but it is a lot better than you will find in most places. The breading was crispy and the fish flavored nicely. Catfish is very mild so it doesn't take much. Just can't understand the places that put garlic in their breading. If you like good catfish you should try Mr. Whiskers.

Scott1538, Owner at Mr. Whiskers, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thanks for the fish review you seem to have a little knowledge about catfish so this is a exciting review to read!!!!
Thanks Again,
Scott

Reviewed October 25, 2013

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, my wife & I went there to enjoy some Southern comfort food. We loved it. There is a fine balance you have to have when you cook catfish, cook it too long and it is dry and hard, too little and yuck. This was perfect. The breading was flavorful but thin enough not to overwhelm the catfish and not greasy at all. They have a really good sauce that compliments it well, aptly named 'Mr. Whisker's Sauce'. The fries were crisp, the coleslaw was just right and the hush puppies were hot and delicious. We added a side of the tomato relish and it was excellent as well.

C4_ever,
That might be one of the best writen reviews I have ever read ANYWHERE!!! Awesome!!
Thanks so much!
Scott

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Excellent food & service by a very friendly staff, we will be coming back for great catfish and shrimp. If you like your fried food prepared perfectly, this is the place to come to.

Scott1538, Owner at Mr. Whiskers, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

"Best catfish & shrimp we've had" Wow!!!! Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The catfish was perfectly battered and cooked, the Shrimp large and juicy. Staff was friendly and helpful even though this isn't a full service kind of restaurant. We called because we knew we would be there very close to closing time and they waited for us before shutting the kitchen down for the night! Everything was very fresh. The hush puppies were great - crunchy on the outside and moist and flavorful inside. Definitely worth a stop!

Thanks sooooo much for the great review!!!! Come again!!!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I've just returned to Mr. Whiskers for a second lunch as I visit relatives in Arkansas. I had the 3 piece catfish meal with hush puppies, slaw, and fries. Delicious. We've been traveling in the UK, eating lots of fish and chips, and I was always craving good old dredged fried fish from Mr. Whiskers! I will definitely return when visiting Hot Springs.

Thanks Robin C, the staff works very hard to put out the best product possible..