“Top notch food and great prices”
Review of Mr. Whiskers

Mr. Whiskers
Ranked #9 of 282 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 26, 2013

While here on holiday, we looked for a place for a good meal but in a very casual setting. The fried shrimp was the winner, lightly battered, fresh and served piping hot. The combination plates make it great for folks to customize their plate. The only downside of the meal was the cole slaw which was not good, and a simple change from a pre-prepared slaw to a freshly prepared one, would make this an ideal place. Outstanding remoulade sauce for the shrimp. The four of us had a really good meal for under $40.

3  Thank dwpks

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went here for an early dinner and had the catfish and fries with coleslaw, hushpuppies and soda. The total came to less than $20 and the food was very good - tasty and satisfying. No it wan't gourmet cuisine but it was a local favourite with a bit of atmosphere which we enjoyed. Highly recommended .

1  Thank pacuthbertson
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I feel like I was bamboozled into believing this would be a good fish joint. I have eaten at several fish houses across Arkansas (Arkansas Alumni, Pig sooooie!!) and if this is the best Hot Springs has to offer, for shame!!! The fish was dry, coleslaw was soupy, black beans were burnt, the potato salad they replaced for the black beans was flavorless. It was my first meal in Hot Springs and really put a damper on the whole trip. Only reason they got 2 stars was because the service was decent, cleaned up after my two year old's mess and they were willing to exchange the burnt black beans. First Tim Trip Advisor has failed me, come on y'all, post better in the future.

2  Thank Russell F
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We went here based on Tripadvisor reviews and were a little disappointed. The chicken was moist but you could tell they needed to change out their oil. The catfish still had the fat layer on it which over powered the taste. Coleslaw was good, as well as the shrimp. They do give you a lot of food for the price. Also two out of our three orders were wrong but they were very quick to fix the issues.

2  Thank Burnt_Ginger
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Loved the food! I don't eat fried food very often but this was worth it. The shrimp and catfish were amazing and I loved the cozy atmosphere.

2  Thank Wenders1122