“Stick with the fish!”

Mr. Whiskers
Ranked #10 of 288 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Had to try this new place, it's listed as #1 best in Hot Springs. The fried catfish WAS delicious. Fried to perfection! But the hamberger was just so so. It was the meat. Not so good. I was distracted when I saw the great burger balls in the meat counter and ordered one. Hubby had the fish - fish was great.

1  Thank cindy p

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The fish baskets had very generous portions. The #3 included 3 fillets, two hush puppies, fries, and cole slaw. It was definitely enough to share. My mom loved the taste of their catfish, and she normally won't eat it. The place is nothing to look at, not really close to anything, but was worth a five minute drive!

4  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I checked on TA before I left and found Mr. Wiskers was #1 so I decided to try it and it was worth it. We went there after we left the track and decided to try it. It was all the people on their reviews said it was. It is in a small strip mall and I was a little apprensive, but upon entering I changed my mind. It was not that busy so thank God we got there early. The place was very clean and the service excellent. You walk up and order your food, pick up your sauces and sit down within about 8 minutes we had our food and it was beyound excellent and for the price I wish I had been more hungry. The food was fresh and deicious. The owner even came over and asked how everything was and all 4 of us told him that is the best fresh catfish, shrimp and hushpuppies we had ever had ( that is an extreme compliment coming from m y wife) he is very friendly and asked if there was anything more he could do and I told him he could pay the check LOL!!!!!!!!! We will definately go back. Great food Reasonable priced.

5  Thank MissouriGambler
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We spent the weekend Hot Springs with our three children on spring break. This was the top rated local restaurant on trip advisor and after reading the reviews we decided to give it a try. They happen to be closed on Mondays So we had a bit of a false start, but after returning the next day we were mighty glad we came back! The place is decorated wirh adorable fisherman style, old-school, down-home accessories. The menu is a choice of cat fish, shrimp, chicken tenders, and a couple of burgers for the kids. We would highly recommend the catfish and the house whisker sauce which was a spicy thousand Island. There is a choice of beer as well as pop and lemonade for the kids and the french fries were good too. There's no doubt this is worth your time and the price almost couldn't be better for what you get. Enjoy Mr. whiskers in the slightly offbeat location outside of town and be glad you made the effort!

3  Thank Jason L
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were in town for the weekend and this was our last stop before heading home. This was the best restaurant we visited and had the most friendly staff! It was our best food, value, and atmosphere the entire time in town. Definitely will visit again next time we are in town!

3  Thank Kacie M