“Great Steakhouse”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Definitely the place to go in Hot Springs for a steak dinner. I had the filet mignon & my husband had the porterhouse. The only minor flaw was that the onion soup broth was a bit thin for our liking. Our waitress, Nikki, was excellent. We will certainly eat here again on future visits to Hot Springs.

1  Thank 1970Travels

Reviewed February 8, 2010

Man cannot live by swank decor alone! The concierge at the Arlington hotel sent us here for a steak. The atmosphere was nice but I am not just a food snob, this place is awful. The wine list, while lengthy included no selections of note or substance. The wedge salad looked like a hot mess on a plate with grossly premature blue cheese. The tomato basil soup was campbell's condensed, and I swear they put milk in it to save money on cream. The potato that accompanied our filets were hard as baseballs and inedible. However, the julienned mix veggies were cooked to mush. The filet was just ok, crisp on the outside, bloody on the inside like I ordered but was otherwise unremarkable and a little fatty. If I hadn't been afraid of traumatizing our new little waitress I would have sent it all back and offered to cook it myself. We found redemption the next night at Odie's blues bar/restaurant, the spinach and artichoke stuffed portabello was an amazing appetizer, and it only got better from there.

1  Thank Gustatoryadventurer
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Food was alright,nothing to complain about. The seating hostess was a snot but the waiter was good.A nice atmosphere and seemed to have a steady crowd when we ate there in Nov. on vacation.

Reviewed October 15, 2009

We were visiting Hot Springs for the weekend, and based on a 4 Star rating on Local Picks (the Trip Advisor iPhone app) we decided to try Porterhouse.
I should have read the reviews, I'd have found a better meal elsewhere. The service wasn't bad, but it was clear that they wanted to be more up-scale than they were.
The steak was undercooked, the mashed potatoes were not good, and the roasted chicken was bland and dry. I'm not usually much of a harsh critic, but this place wasn't good.
The only redeeming portions of the meal at our table were my dish, grouper with rice, and the bread. Not worth the $120 for dinner for four.

1  Thank TheFishie
Reviewed September 6, 2009

we read reviews and thought we were going for a nice steak.The food was horrible and the service was worse. my husband ordered the bone in ribeye and it was awful. My 11 year old son ordered the 12oz new york strip and it was so tough that I could not even cut through it. for 20$ I was not going to force him to eat it. I had the coconut shirimp that was burnt and chewy. Baked potatoes were under cooked, and our waiter never even offered us bacon bits and chives like all of the waiters at the other tables around us. The food was so bad I asked to see the manager, the manager would never come to the table and just took off my shrimp and my sons steak. it was still 55$ for the rest of the horrible meal. As we left people outside were lookking at the menu and I wanted so bad to tell them do not waste your money it is GROSS.

1  Thank ballmom544