“EXCELLENT!!!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Great food, wonderful atmosphere! the owners are fantastic people and they walk around checking on you to make sure you are happy with your visit. It's in the heart of downtown Hot springs so plan to eat and then go for a stroll up and own Bathhouse row. Kind of pricey, so plan accordingly!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We thought that the folks in Hot Springs might not know how to cook corned beef and cabbage but The Porterhouse did a fantastic job. I think their version might have been the best I ever had.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I dined here while in Hot Springs for a visit to Oaklawn. The place was recommended by the staff at the Austin Hotel where we were staying and they were spot on. I had the "porterhouse" while my wife had a filet and both were cooked to a perfect medium just as we had ordered. We sat at the bar as we didn't have reservations and the lady behind the bar was great! Although she was very busy, she was quite attentive and had a great personality. I highly recommend The Porterhouse for anyone desiring a great meal.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Our food was for the most fine during our visit this past weekend. However our experience upon getting our check felt more like we had been had. We ordered a bottle of an Argentina Malbec that was advertised on a menu insert for $24. It was actually a very good bottle of wine and wouldn't have minded paying more for it. However when our bill came it was listed for $26. We asked our server why the discrepancy and he embarrassingly fumbled through a answer that essentially said that the "owners" did things during racing season?

The $2 is not the issue. The fact that management feels like they have to "steal" money is a big concern. If your going to have upcharge's during peak season. I completely understand, just advertise that fact.

Other things added up to a less than exceptional experience. Tings like, bottled beer served without a glass and none offered, not a red wine glass in the house, no one ever asked us how our meal was... I know this last part probably sounds pretty snobbish but hey if your going to present yourself as a nice restaurant and upcharge people for the privilege of dining at your establishment during the busy season than act like one.

1  Thank Mike s
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Steaks cooked perfectly. Friends ordered the Porterhouse for Two and it was enough food for 5! Great service