“Old World Style, nice for special occasions”
Review of The Porterhouse

The Porterhouse
Ranked #37 of 278 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The atmosphere is turn of the century parlor style. They have an extensive wine list, moderately priced menu. Our service was excellent. The swordfish was exceptional - large portion. The prime rib was good, not great. We went on a Friday evening with no reservation and were seated immediately. Due to the location in a tourist area - casual attire is fine. Would recommend.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Ordered the Porterhouse the restaurant is known for . Server told me it was dry aged 21 days . I got my steak and it was tough , and by my experience it was not a dry aged steak . I told my server and another about the tough steak and the manager did not try to come by table to inquire at all . He did however hover at a table next to mine , get the impression it was someone he knew, and he ignored the other tables in the restaurant while I was there. Be hard pressed to come back for a second try , very disappointed . Stopped at Wendy's and got a hamburger on the way home

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Coming from Texas, steakhouse expectations are pretty high - but The Porterhouse delivered! Some people state that the atmosphere is stale and old, and that the food is expensive. I found the opposite. The atmosphere is open and inviting, it is quiet (thank goodness), and the food was very reasonable. My wife and I both had the 6oz Filet Mignon meal, and I had a glass of wine and coffee, and our total bill with tip was under $70. In Houston, that is cheap for steak! Our server was excellent and very accommodating, and never missed a beat. The night we were there, it was snowing heavily (so much that even the waitstaff was amazed by it), but it set a very beautiful and peaceful ambiance for the meal. Our steaks were done to perfection, the grilled vegetables were delicious, and the baked potato was perfect. I would highly recommend this restaurant if staying in Hot Springs, and will definitely return myself! Oh, and I almost forgot - the dining is casual friendly -- meaning that jeans were acceptable, and I saw others in there with khakis and button-down shirts - no jackets or ties required.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The Porterhouse and neighboring Italian Restaurant appear to be owned by the same family. This is the best steak we have found downtown when visiting Hot Springs. BUT, it is quite pricey, we imagine because of the captive audiences from the downtown hotels. The only two comparable options are on the east end and are both chains: Outback and Longhorn Steakhouses.

So, if you are staying downtown and hankering for a steak, we suggest you save yourself $20 by enjoying your steak here for lunch, early afternoon. Largely the same menu lunch and dinner and we did not feel the dinner experience here warranted the price. Professional wait staff were appreciated and wine menu better than anywhere downtown other than possibly Fusion on east end by Majestic.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is the best steakhouse in Hot Springs. The steaks were cooked just the way we liked them. We had a salad with the house dressing. The house dressing was great. It's a great location and decorated beautifuly. We will return again.