“Great Steaks!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2013

When I want a great steak my family and I travel to Hot Springs to visit the Porterhouse.

This last time I ordered the prime rib. I cannot say I liked it as much. Our waiter was on point! He did a great job with our large dinner party.

BelleArtiItalian, Owner at The Porterhouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We hope to continue to please you when you visit in the future and we do hope that it is very soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

If you've ever been to Hot Springs, then you know how many restaurants there are to choose from. The back entrance to this one happened to catch my eye. It looked.....intriguing. So we went inside. Dim lighting. Fairly quiet. Upscale but not so much that they still let us in wearing jeans and t-shirts. James ordered sauteed tips of filet mignon, crab cakes for me. Wonderful. However, I didn't care for their blue cheese dressing (and our waiter seemed indignant that I said so). Tasted mostly like mayonnaise. Tasty bread and a black olive/olive oil dipping sauce was different. Overall, we enjoyed our evening immensely. Just wish our waiter had been a bit more relaxed. "See you again in a few minutes!" he'd tell us. Nice guy, though.

BelleArtiItalian, Owner at The Porterhouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

We are glad you chose to visit us as well! Thank you for your feedback, we will definitely share it with our staff and chef. We hope to see you if you visit Hot Springs again!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

this is a bit of a rant... because I went to this restaurant many month's ago; however, I thought of the experience today and got aggravated again. (first off, I too worked in the service industry for years and know that there are good and bad days; however, I at least chose to treat customers with respect at the get-go.) This was my first day ever in Hot Springs and/or Arkansas, my 40th bday, and a get-away with my boyfriend. I wanted the dinner to be somewhat special, so opted for the Porterhouse. We walked into the restaurant and were greeted with one server or the hostess or whomever asking the other server, "do you want this table?" to which the 2nd server replied, "no". next, we were actually acknowledged and seated. lo and behold, server 2 comes to our table and I think mumbles "drinks?" ugh... I'm annoyed. YOU don't want me as a customer... why do I want YOU as a server? but, I'm polite and go with it. we ordered, received our food, ate... somewhere in the middle, I think the server muttered, "more drinks?" we ordered dessert (to go). I wished to pay for dinner, so I received the bill, paid and tipped the 20%, and we left. I only wish the food was as memorable as the "greeting" that was followed by a personality-less server. the place was half-dead when we entered... you think the server would have been clamoring for my $20+ tip! so, server-who-mumbled-"drinks?", if you read this, feel free to reply and I'll give you my address so that you may send my tip back that you never wanted (and certainly never earned).

2  Thank 33kangaroo
BelleArtiItalian, Owner at The Porterhouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

We sincerely apologize for your experience. We set very high standards for our servers and will certainly address this issue with our staff. Thank you for your comments. Without your input we would not have the opportunity to address these issues.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We recently had my son's wedding in Hot Springs, AR! We had the rehearsal dinner at the Porterhouse Club! Excellent, there was a dining area, bar area, billiards area and parlor for the guys to entertain us with their guitar playing and music! The Reception was held at The Regency across Central Street! It was lovely decorated and a fabulous time was had by all! Penny was a delight to work with! Any decorating we did was just for fun and not needed at all!
Fun Times!

1  Thank D H

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We are pleased to hear of your experience and hope to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

we went this past saturday after the duck tour so around 630pm. Had the prime rib special which was 12oz and the mashed potato with veggies and clam chowder. good stuff huge deal and meal very nice place I highly recommend it. very classy looking place and helpful staff.