“Oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have tipped that 20%...”
Review of The Porterhouse

The Porterhouse
Ranked #40 of 273 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have tipped that 20%...”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

this is a bit of a rant... because I went to this restaurant many month's ago; however, I thought of the experience today and got aggravated again. (first off, I too worked in the service industry for years and know that there are good and bad days; however, I at least chose to treat customers with respect at the get-go.) This was my first day ever in Hot Springs and/or Arkansas, my 40th bday, and a get-away with my boyfriend. I wanted the dinner to be somewhat special, so opted for the Porterhouse. We walked into the restaurant and were greeted with one server or the hostess or whomever asking the other server, "do you want this table?" to which the 2nd server replied, "no". next, we were actually acknowledged and seated. lo and behold, server 2 comes to our table and I think mumbles "drinks?" ugh... I'm annoyed. YOU don't want me as a customer... why do I want YOU as a server? but, I'm polite and go with it. we ordered, received our food, ate... somewhere in the middle, I think the server muttered, "more drinks?" we ordered dessert (to go). I wished to pay for dinner, so I received the bill, paid and tipped the 20%, and we left. I only wish the food was as memorable as the "greeting" that was followed by a personality-less server. the place was half-dead when we entered... you think the server would have been clamoring for my $20+ tip! so, server-who-mumbled-"drinks?", if you read this, feel free to reply and I'll give you my address so that you may send my tip back that you never wanted (and certainly never earned).

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank 33kangaroo
BelleArtiItalian, Owner at The Porterhouse, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
We sincerely apologize for your experience. We set very high standards for our servers and will certainly address this issue with our staff. Thank you for your comments. Without your input we would not have the opportunity to address these issues.

Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Wedding!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We recently had my son's wedding in Hot Springs, AR! We had the rehearsal dinner at the Porterhouse Club! Excellent, there was a dining area, bar area, billiards area and parlor for the guys to entertain us with their guitar playing and music! The Reception was held at The Regency across Central Street! It was lovely decorated and a fabulous time was had by all! Penny was a delight to work with! Any decorating we did was just for fun and not needed at all!
Fun Times!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank D H
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We are pleased to hear of your experience and hope to serve you again in the future!
tx
“Great Prime Rib Special”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

we went this past saturday after the duck tour so around 630pm. Had the prime rib special which was 12oz and the mashed potato with veggies and clam chowder. good stuff huge deal and meal very nice place I highly recommend it. very classy looking place and helpful staff.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mmmmm mmmm GOOOOD!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

It was my birthday weekend & upon the advice of friends who had traveled to Hot Springs & had eaten at Porterhouse, my boyfriend ( who's NOT a steak eater) & I decided we would give it a try on our last night stay in Hot Springs...
Let me tell you this restaurant did NOT disappoint...we ordered the Prime Rib with baked potato & vegetable medley... I said I would stop eating the steak when I got to a tough piece... Well I almost ate the whole steak but stopped because I was stuff not because it wasn't good... And my non steak eating boyfriend almost sucked his whole steak down as well...
Corey, our server was excellent & treated us well... Thanks Corey! Great job

The hostess had them turn the fan off because it was a bit chilly to me...Thanks hostess (Sept 21, 2013 round 830p)

Clean & NICE!
I loved it!

Great! Great! Great!

• Visited September 2013
“We enjoyed it very much!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We travel a lot for work and eat out so much that we can end up leaving our hotel and driving awhile before anyone can decide where we are going to eat this time! The Porterhouse was one of the results of an online search for a steak house. The other Tripadvisor reviews helped us decide to try it. So glad we did! The atmosphere is great in such an old but well appointed building. The service was excellent; it's true that each course arrives when you have finished eating the prior one, not before, but just when you're ready for it! They still know what customer service means here. The $12.95 chef's specials were wonderful. We each thoroughly enjoyed our food, especially for that price. Such a wonderful change from all the chain restaurants and a much better value. We actually left relaxed and in a wonderfully slower-paced mindset after a hard day on the job (unlike how noisy restaurants with either rushed or very slow service always leaves us feeling).