“A great place to be served and great food”
Review of The Porterhouse

The Porterhouse
Ranked #38 of 277 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Knoxville, TN.
“A great place to be served and great food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The food here is pretty darn good and if I were looking for a special steak place this would be it. The service was over the top and we were treated promptly and professionally. The meal was one to remember and one of the best steaks I have had in a long time. Prices are real reasonable for what you get. A+

Visited July 2013

mississippi
“Just ok”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Went here because it was our anniversary and we wanted fine dining. It's expensive and the food was just ok. Asked our server what the soup of the day was and she didn't know. Asked for a recommendation of what to get and couldn't get a good answer. Steaks are supposed to be the house specialty and though it was cooked well just wasn't flavorful. The pesto had an olive taste to it that was too strong. It was a disappointment for the price. I'd have expected it to have a lot more flavor.

Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
“Amazing Steak”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have traveled all over Canada and the U.S. and I have to say it has been close 15 years since I have had steak this good. We went last night for our 10th wedding Anniversary. For an appetizer we had a Portobella Mushroom with crab in it, so so good! And I had French onion soup, not my favorite. My husband had a T-bone with Portobello mushrooms and a cream sauce and I had a Filet Mignon with Gorgonzola cheese and baby shrimp. This was the highlight of the evening, hands down the best steak. We will go back here again and again for special occasions because the steak was so good! For dessert we had vanilla creme brulee again this was amazing. The service was impeccable as well. It was over just a fantastic evening, great atmosphere, amazing food, love love love this place!

colorado springs
“Lies about their steaks”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have tried three times to eat their steaks. They claim dry aged prime and I can tell you as a. Steak lover they are lying. The best I could say is they are serving select. One more thing my wife ordered a 49 dollar lobster that they said was fresh and you could not cut it with a steak knife, they brought another and it was the same. Never again. The worst food in hot springs

“Stay away!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I think these good reviews are being written by the porterhouse owner. Go to yelp for more bad reviews. Hands down worst meal ever. Gravy is from a can, chicken was freezer burnt and I think microwaved. I spit out the first bite. This is a guy who ate cold field rations in the army as well. The steak was frozen and the 12 oz was at best a 7. Wife ordered ice cream for 2 dollars more on her brownie. They brought it out after bringing us the check without ice cream. The bread was pretty good, pretty sure they bought it at some store. They brought the butter out 10 minutes after the bread came out. They were out of crackers for the salad, and brought the chives for the potatoes 5-10 minutes after the potatoes came out. All in all the staff was polite and attentive but did not work as a team and really just didnt know there jobs. Spoke with some locals, they stated it was a place close to the hotels and they know your not coming back. Do not go here, if you want a higher quality fish go get a fish sandwich at McDonald's. I'm sorry to write such a bad review but i hope the owner reads this and makes some drastic changes. The food was of such low quality of my group of 7 and prepared so bad i cannot believe it was just a bad night for the porterhouse.