“Surprisingly great value”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Excellent atmosphere, great food, and surprisingly affordable for a steakhouse. My husband and I ordered the special for that evening which was a ribeye for $12.95. The steak was tender and delicious but was huge and neither of us could finish it. The sides were excellent but the service was just a tad bit slow, but really not bad. Don't let that fool you, the atmosphere was upscale like an expensive restaurant. Loved this place and highly recommend.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've beeen to most of the great steakhouses in this country: Luger's, Rainwater, Del Frisco's, Metroplotan Grill, etc. This place is NOT one of those. HOWEVER, it was simply wonderful. We had a 4 hour drive to Hot Springs and just wanted a nice meal with good service in a clean and comfortable atmosphere. We got all we wanted. We caught a Tuesday night special and for under $20, there was tons of food. The steak was seasoned nicely, NO grissle, nice size, 2 vegetable sides, baked potato. It was delicious. The avocado dressing for the salad was excellent. The waiter brought by some freshly cut chives and REAL cut bacon (not the processed bits from a jar) for the potatoes.
But what made this special was the down home service. The staff was young and unseasoned but still very professional and they made you feel like they were glad you were there.
The atmosphere is NOT of the mahogony walled mens' clubs but still homey. It was slow the night (Tuesday) we were there so I can't speak of the service on a really busy night but we had NO complaints and would go back if we get back to Hot Springs.

1  Thank JTaol
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We attended a wedding rehearsal dinner at the Porterhouse Steak and Seafood Restaurant. It is located in the downtown historic district. The atmosphere is wonderful; very vintage and romantic. The food and service was excellent!

1  Thank Bumamabear
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My son was married in Hot Springs in August 2012. We made a trip up to search for a room to hold the rehearsal dinner and sample and the local fare. Upon recommendation of the locals we dined at Belle Arte and were swept away by everything. Speaking to the management, we learned that the “Speakeasy” room at the Porterhouse was available the night we needed it. The Porterhouse is a sister restaurant to the Belle Arte was just next door. We met with “Penny” and settled everything that afternoon.
Penny took it from there and we arrived to enjoy a delicious, worry free meal. The room was grand, the service excellent, the cost was very reasonable. My wife is disabled and not able to attend to the miscellaneous details associated with such an event. She need not worry. What a pleasure and we had a wonderful time.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just got back from a visit to Hot Springs, my wife and I were looking for a place for dinner near the hotel. Our expectations being in a tourist area were not very high but still looking for a decent meal. We had reservations and were seated promptly, after that it was downhill wait staff took awhile to get to our table. Here is the worst part, my wife ordered a t-bone medium rare, it came well done. We let the waiter know and his response was to go see if it was his fault or the kitchen.... he left and came back a few minutes later and said the kitchen is at fault and they would bring another steak out. Fifteen minutes later my wife has a new steak and as the waiter sets it down he says that it may be undercooked as the kitchen was afraid to over cook it!. Well it was cold and raw (not rare) and not medium rare as ordered. I gave her some of my dinner we finished and when the waiter brought the check he said he knew things were not correct so he took four dollars off the bill. I just laughed. Here is the thing, if your a steakhouse charging $18-$40 dollars for your steak, you have one job. Know how to cook a steak!!! Don't waist your money or time.