“Decent Food in a Nice Atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Purple Cow

Purple Cow
Ranked #4 of 12 Dessert in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Decent Food in a Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I recently tried the Purple Cow after getting bad reviews from friends. They said it was overpriced, but I decided to try it. My friend and I went at lunchtime and we both had sandwiches. My turkey sandwich good, but the potato soup I had with it was mediocre at best. After lunch, we ordered ice cream. My sundae was reasonably priced and VERY good. My friend had a malt, which she also loved. The prices of the shakes and malts were rather high. My friends that had been there before got hamburgers and shakes, so my advice is to just stick with their sandwiches (with another side than potato soup) and get a sundae if want ice cream, but you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. :) The atmosphere was nice... Like a 50's diner.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
ilovepurplecow, Owner at Purple Cow, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Breannj1988

Thank you for giving us a try at Purple Cow Restaurant in Hot Springs. I appreciate your feedback, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed the sandwiches, ice cream, malt and atmosphere. I am sorry the potato soup wasn't better than mediocre. I will follow up with our culinary team to ensure we are preparing that correctly. This is really one of our best soups when prepared correctly. Next time you're in and if you want to give it another try, please let us know your thoughts on it. If you don't like it, we will certainly replace it with another one of our soup selections or comp it off your bill. We hope to see you again soon

“Not to Shabby”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Their Onion Rings were the best! In my opinion stuff is a little on the high side. The burgers were good, however they were just burgers. I have had a lot worse but I have also had better. The place is done up like a 50's Diner. If you are into that you will love it! We didn't have any shakes because we thought the price was too high, but we saw other customers drinking them up. The place was clean, and the staff friendly. If you are looking for somthing different to do for a change this isn't a bad stop.

Visited October 2013
ilovepurplecow, Owner at Purple Cow, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Sarah C

Thank you for visiting Purple Cow in Hot Springs and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad our team members were very friendly and that you enjoyed the atmosphere. I appreciate your critique on our burgers and menu pricing. We continually look for ways to improve and your feedback is certainly helpful to us. We hope to see you again soon.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“A Definite Must”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My kids and I had dinner at the Purple Cow and it was a blast! It's a 50s style diner that's specialty is the purple vanilla ice cream they serve. The Purple shakes were beyond amazing! I had a cheeseburger with sweet potato fries and both were very good. My son had the grilled cheese and he loved it. My daughter had the macaroni and cheese and cleaned her plate. We can't wait to go back!

ilovepurplecow, Owner at Purple Cow, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello Cady:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Purple Cow in Hot Springs. I am excited to hear that you and your family enjoyed the food and Purple shakes. We look forward to seeing you and your family on your next trip to Arkansas.

Northern Mississippi
“Great Diner Food with Fun 50s Music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We enjoyed the atmosphere and the delicious food. There are lots of options on the menu, but we were there for burgers, hot dogs, fries (sweet potato and home-made chips, actually) & dessert. This is THE place to go to for shakes. They even have grown-up options with an added shot of flavored liqueurs. YUM!! We also discovered they have a chocolate lava cake that is even better than Carnival Cruise line's Chocolate Melting Cake. (And that says a lot!)

It appears that they also serve breakfast, but we have no experience with that.

ilovepurplecow, Owner at Purple Cow, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello MBAmom:

Thank you for your recent review of Purple Cow in Hot Springs. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our food, menu variety, atmosphere and shakes. I am excited to know that our Lava Cake is better than Carnival's. To answer your question, we do server brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 11am-2pm. You can find our brunch menu at the following link: http://purplecowlr.com/pdfs/PCBrunchMenuWindter2010.pdf

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review on Purple Cow. We hope to see you in one of our restaurants on your next trip to Arkansas.

Rocky Mountains Usa
“Great food, service in a fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

It was excellent lunch fare at the Purple Cow. Good variety of sandwiches with good sides. It is a fun diner atmosphere with friendly, responsive wait staff. It made for a very enjoyable lunch we'd be happy to frequent again.

ilovepurplecow, Owner at Purple Cow, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello Stumpy60:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Purple Cow. We are delighted to hear that you had such a great lunch visit. I will be sure to recognize the team's efforts in making your visit an enjoyable one. We hope to see you again soon