“Great inexpensive food - service iffy”
Review of Brown Bag Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We have dined here three times now -- two lunches and one dinner. Each time we thought our food was very good -- especially good considering the prices. This restaurant has a nice mix of salads, sandwiches and light entrees, including pasta dishes for lunch and a much more extensive dinner menu. This is more upscale by far than your basic local plate lunch diner, but the prices are similar. Our only qualm has been that the service is a little up and down -- always friendly, but sometimes they just don't seem quite prepared if at all crowded. Still all in all, we give them a good thumb's up and are glad they are in our area.

1  Thank kimocat

Reviewed December 31, 2011

I went here on Mothers Day and it was packed! It took them about 45
(maybe more) minutes to get out our food. But I think they said they were understaffed because someone called in sick. Otherwise the food was surprisingly good! Too bad this is not in HS(it is far out in "the village" i think or just extremely far out that it seems like it is outside of HS), I think it would do very well.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

After having a wonderful lunch the week before I had high expectations for dinner. The lunch waiter was not at all knowledgeable about specials or explaining the menu "because they had just changed everything".
We had the same waiter at dinner, the same excuse. We never did find out exactly what the special was..or were. My husband had the ribeye, over cooked, no taste. I had the flat iron steak, it was wonderful, My girlfriend had the eggplant parm, it was a real shame..shame ..shame, if you can't cook italian, don't. Her husband had the Veal Marsala, it was terrible, tough, no taste.
We ordered appetizers, they came with the dinners for the other couple, so when our dinner came they were done. The waiter is young, not interested, could care less.
They need to stick to what they know, and scale down the menu.
The bill for our dinner was $$$, but not worth the price!

Reviewed July 11, 2011

With the tile of bistro, we did not have high expectations, but the food was out of this world! My husband had hte steak, and it was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. Even the vegetable sides were insanely good. I had the seafood pasta, and the serving size was generous, and the pasta itself was wondeful. We will definitely be returning to this restaurant.