“We will return”
Review of Bohemia Continental Cuisine - CLOSED

Bohemia Continental Cuisine
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We come every year for the horse races and had been disappointed with our last visit to Belle Arte, which we use to love. After some research, I made a reservation for dinner Friday night. I was glad I did. It is attractive inside and the food may be the best Hot Springs has to offer. I had lamb chops and my partner had the home made pasta. Bother were excellent and service was generally good. Happily, it is casual - not shorts and T-shirts but nice jeans and slacks.wewill return.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

To celebrate our birthday my twin sister and I wanted a really good meal. After getting some restaurant options from the hotel clerk I decided to confirm on Trip Advisor. Bohemia was rated as the #1 pick in Hot Springs and after reading the reviews about the food selection we decided to give it a try.

Our hotel was at the lake and the restaurant is about 8 miles away. Our first impression of the building made us a little apprehensive of our choice. The apprehension increased with our first view of the of the décor and the staffs appearance. The staff was cordial but not very friendly and their uniforms were lack luster giving them a poor appearance.

The décor was minimal making the restaurant appear to be a “dive”. But after a closer look we could tell that the place appeared to be newly decorated with fresh paint, new carpet, and some spare accessories.

However our attention was quickly captured by the upscale meal selections. Even the lunch menu looked good. We ordered an appetizer of ”polenta with sweet sausage with a gorgonzola cream sauce”. It was large enough for us to share and we almost licked the plate. Both of us give this a 4.5 rating.

I ordered for my entrée the sauté chicken breast with chopped tomato, served with a sauce of wine, herb and chopped tomatoes over a cheesy polenta. It was delicious and I gave it a 4.0 rating.

My sister ordered the grilled quail served over a tomato base risotto, in her words “ it was a excellent choice” and she gave it a 4.0 rating.

For dessert we shared the molten lava cake and once again almost licked the place…my sister gave it a 5.0 and I gave it a 4.5.

The service was slow with the few people that were in the restaurant at that time. Overall we gave this dining experience a 4.0 rating because of the poor décor and slow service.

BUTT the FOOD speaks for itself….disregard the décor and service and just sit down and indulge in a wonderful meal!!

2  Thank Travelingthrough12
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We chose the Bohemia based on high ratings by other Tripadvisor reviewers, and they didn't steer us wrong.

Our waitress was generally attentive and knowledgeable about the dishes and the methods of preparation.

The chef deserves an award, if he hasn't already earned some. My husband and son both had the special, a seabass cooked to perfection over spinach with mashed potatoes. My daughter had a chicken and polenta dish which she said was excellent. I ordered "Boscaiola," described in the menu as "badly cut" pasta with wild mushrooms and prosciutto, with a tomato and cream sauce. I will order it again when I go back to the Bohemia. It was very rich and flavorful.

The restaurant is small and quiet, so you can have a conversation without shouting.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Made decision to go based in trip advisor. Would've never ventured to its location otherwise and prob would've never noticed the building otherwise. Good food, little expensive if U drink wine and have appetizers but overall good.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

My husband and I heard about Bohemia on Tripadvisor, we always check here prior to any vacation. We have never been dissappointed in any place we have chosen from trip advisor, and this place was no different! It was the best Chicken dish I have ever had, and I am not big on chicken when there are other choices on the menu. Chicken Provencale (SP???) I chose this due to the articale I read near the door prior to entering, it was yummy and served over a great polenta! My Husband had a lamb dish, and it was a little rare, but it was ok since he prefers his meat that way...as do I! On to the next, I had a warm spinach salad with a vinegrette that was also delish! Last...BUT NOT LEAST...the Molten Lava Cake...go ahead and slap your momma before you go! We got to meet the owner/chef which just added to our great overall experience! DO IT!!! Yumdiddlyumptious I say!!!!!