“Pretty Neat”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty Neat”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stopped in and for $5 each, I was very surprised. They had some really cool reptiles and fish. Also this great giant tortoise who runs loose inside there (ok, he does not run but just sits in the corner)....I was pleasantly surprised how cool this place was. Well worth the visit...

Durant, Oklahoma
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This aquarium is not very large but amazing! The lady working was very helpful and friendly. They have a 50 pound tortoise named Slowpoke that crawls around and you can pet! Very awesome place to take the family!!!!!!! Loved it!

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Small, but good for little children”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Very small aquarium, but we had children ages 6 months to 4 years old with us, and they loved it. I probably won't visit again, but it was reasonably priced, and a nice break from the heat of the day.

Oklahoma City, OK
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Walk away......”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is not really an aquarium but more of a very small area with some glass displays containing lizards, toads, turtles, tarantulas, and a few fish. I estimated there to be around 50-60 of these "exhibits" and we saw everything there was to see and read everything there was to read in about 15 minutes. The gift shop was tiny with a few trinkets and cheap souvenirs. By Hot Springs standards, admission was cheap but still a rip off since it, well - really didn't feel like an aquarium! I've been to a lot of them all over the country and the best one I've seen was not by the ocean but rather in Jenks, Oklahoma! So being a land-locked state is no excuse for an "aquarium" without interesting marine life! To my further dismay, a large tortoise is allowed to roam free in the place which I felt was inhumane. While there, I saw kids poking it and kicking at it to see if it was real. There's a small sign announcing that "the turtle is not house broken" which is management's way, I guess, of telling patrons to be on the lookout for puddles or worse. I have mobility issues and could not help but cringe at the thought of slipping in something like that. I recommend you save yourself the money and use the 15 minutes to drive to the science museum where you can easily spend a couple of hours with numerous hands-on exhibits that the whole family can enjoy.

Visited July 2014
7 Thank gotmyque
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Small but the kids liked it”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I was expecting an aquarium but it's really a bunch of fish tanks with different things in them. Fish, frogs, bearded dragons, iguanas, turtles, tarantula, alligator etc. The kids enjoyed it so I guess that's all that matters.

2 Thank Emily C