“Loved The Rodeway Hot Springs”

Red Roof Inn Hot Springs
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Hot Springs
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved The Rodeway Hot Springs”
Reviewed August 23, 2005

Hello
My family and I stayed last week August 12th and 13th . We had A wonderful time. We spent 2 days at magic springs and our evenings at the Rodeway Inn. The staff was very nice and professional. Any and all of our needs were met quickly and graciously.
Our rooms were spotless and nice. And the manager was very helpful with directions and any other questions that we had.
It was nice to have a great experiance on our trip and we will stay here again the next time that we return.
Jacob Masterson

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed August 4, 2005

Arrived 7/21/05 for 3 nights. After a long touristy day in heat advisory weather on 7/22/05, arrived back at hotel at 9:30pm to find room had not been serviced. Complained to front desk and went to lobby to collect clean towels, but no coffee set-ups for in-room coffee maker. Expected to be taken care of FIRST on 7/23, but no such luck. Arrived back at hotel at 7:30pm and room STILL had not been serviced. Even worse, there were no clean towels available. After calling the front desk to complain, someone was sent to collect our dirty towels wash them, so we waited 2 hours for the towels to be returned before we could shower. Told by the "manager" that he'd been here six months and nothing changes. THREE NIGHTS AND WE WERE NOT SERVICED ONCE! Lousy 20% discount given at checkout, and then only after we asked for some compensation.

• Stayed July 2005

Travelers are raving about these Hot Springs hotels

Reviewed July 24, 2005

I am very dissatisfied with our stay at the Rodeway Inn on July 25th of 2005 in Hot Springs, AR. We were there with a private party and our reservations were messed up, when we finally got checked in there were no towels in the room and were told some would be delivered to the room and never were, the toilet would not flush so when I called the front desk I was told someone would be up in an hour or so. At that point I decided to take a bath in the jacuzzi tub, as soon as I turned on the jets to the tub, worms came out of the jets. When I notified the front desk told them what was happening & that at this point I was going to the pool they told me they would have someone up immediately. I returned to the room to find the worms still in the tub so I had to remove them. When several of the other guests complained the front desk staff cursed and complained about the guest voicing their concerns. My husband cut his hand on the gate leading to the pool. And that was an issue that was not approached from the manager. Everytime an issue came up the response from anyone that was talked to was to put the blame on someone else mainly "it was not my fault", "someone else did it". So at check out the next morning I brought up the issues again with the front desk clerk. Upon further discussion from her come to find out she was the person everyone was blaming because they called her by name on more then one occasion. When I informed her she was the scape goat she called for the manager she told him what she had just happened & he admitting to be one of the ones to blame her but he knew that she was not at fault for the mistakes or the problems going on. I do not feel this is appropriate.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2005

I gave this place a terrible only because it was the lowest rating available. We stayed there, along with several friends, on July 23rd. The front desk clerk was EXTREMELY rude. We were told check in was 3 and since we were early, we had no problem waiting. There was a private party to be held in the old bar area that we were helping set up. This room had not been cleaned. We had to vacuum it ourselves after we finally got the key to it. There was no running water to the sinks. I found at least 2 used band aids in there while cleaning. Luckily, some of our friends had a room already so we hung out in their room while waiting. It seems everyone was having problems. I finally went back up front around 2:45 and was told my room was not ready. I checked back at 3:20 and was told " here, I don't know if it has been cleaned yet because they haven't checked in with me". Fine. I go to my room which had been represented as a King Suite. What I got was a normal King room. Not clean, not dirty. I at least had towels which I had heard several guests complain about not having. I left my room around 8:30 PM to attend the function in the old bar area when my husband came down to inform me that we had to check out of our room because it had a reservation on it from 3 months ago. I went to the front desk and asked what was up. She explained and we were given another room at an extremely discounted rate. When we went to check out the next day, the general manager Ken, was the one who personally checked me out. Seeing the low rate ( and knowing what had happened the night before), he was trying to charge me the normal rate that we had been quoted. No, I will never stay at this place again as long as any member of management or owner is still there. I feel choice hotels should check this out and pull their name from this hotel as it gives a very bad name.

• Stayed July 2005
Lee's Summit Mo
Reviewed June 11, 2005

Floor was not clean needed vacumed didn't want to walk on without shoes. Sheets were paper thin and hem out of top sheet, Soap in shower from last guest. Continental breakfast very bad not appealing at all. Boxed donuts no fruit, bread for toast 2 cereal choices milk and orange juice. Front desk very polite did make adjustment on bill but very small for condition of room. First internet booking. They showed 3 and half diamonds made us think it would be good, very misleading. Won't stay again or recommend it.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank Mary R
Reviewed April 11, 2005

I have stayed at the Quality Inn/Rodeway Inn in Hot Springs on several occasions and stayed this past weekend, April 8 and 9th. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in my long life. There was an open bar of soap in the shower, the commode area was filthy, there was burned out socket in the dressing area, the floors had not been cleaned in who knows how long, and to get clean towels took an act of congress and running down maid service who did not make the beds since we were not leaving. In laws that stayed in a different room had the same problems and management was lame to do anything to rectify the problems.

• Stayed April 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Waynoka, OK
Reviewed January 26, 2005

We stayed here during the 2004 Hog Rally, won't stay again. The pillows looked liked they were dug out of the trash dumpster!! stained and torn. The toliet had never been cleaned, hair in the shower, the floor lamp was broken, never had any towels..(had to go get them) There was hair on the sheets so we had to go get new sheets and remake the bed... Would have never stayed there but everywhere else was booked up... Spend some more $$$ and stay elsewhere, we will be taking our own bed this year (travel trailer).

5 Thank dbouse