“Do not go there! You'll feel outraged”

Arkansas Alligator Farm & Petting Zoo
Ranked #22 of 78 things to do in Hot Springs
Leesville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Do not go there! You'll feel outraged”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Horrible display and treatment of animals. They're obviously overcrowded in their poorly kept habitats. There were able 40 alligators in a kiddie sized pool. I found it depressing and it made me feel so bad for those poor animals. They had a mountain lion that is just this side of his death bed out for display. The ring tail lemurs were in small cages... they were crawling all over their own urine. Someone needs to shut them down and relocate those animals. Do not go there.

Visited February 2014
8 Thank kay_jjohnson

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for an hour and a half. Feeding the animals was ok, the kids enjoyed it better than the adults. Looking at the baby gators and monkeys was pretty cool. What everyone enjoyed were all the big gators outside! They're everywhere! The wolves were cool too, as were the big mountain lions! There were also foxes, peacocks, ducks, etc. The gators do go inside in the winter due to climate.

College Station, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best thing on our trip!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My teens LOVED this place! The staff was sooooo friendly and helpful. Told us so much about the animals and gave us bread to feed the petting zoo animals with. The monkey (who is blind by the way) was the cutest thing we have ever seen. Don't miss this stop!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Rebecca B
Perryton, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Fun and delightful surprise”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I wasn't expecting much when I arrived at the Alligator farm, but I was delightfully surprised when they told me there were other animals there as well and a petting zoo, which is fun for all ages. They gave us slices of bread to feed to the goats, deer, ostrich, and donkeys. We had a good time doing that. The goats were playful. The baby alligators were really fun to feed and watch, and we even got to hold one of them. And then you walk outside to a bunch of larger alligators and a few other animals. If you get a chance to watch the feeding of the alligators, it's really entertaining and interesting. They eat A LOT of chicken. I can see why they have to charge $9 to get in. Chicken isn't cheap. But I thought it was well worth the price.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Janell H
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Do NOT go”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

went with 6 year old daughter, wife, and friends with their 2 kids....Do not waste your time...The petting zoo is a joke, the price is to much for what you get. I felt bad for the animals. It is a tourist trap and a waste of time and money...mostly your time.

Visited September 2012