“Good BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Good BBQ. Very generous portions. Slaw is vinegar based and a little dry for my taste, but all other sides we have tried are great. Friendly service, reasonably priced.

1  Thank rqw

Reviewed January 22, 2014

BBQ sandwich was very big--Good- but not the Best ever. If you just want to go somewhere and grab a pretty good BBQ sandwich- this is it. Checking out their menu-- seems really pricey for a BBQ joint- but have a Great variety

Reviewed January 15, 2014

After spending the morning apart, my wife and I met back at the hotel for the purpose of going to lunch together. I had kind of thought that we would eat BBQ for lunch. During previous visits, we have eaten at both Stubby’s and McClard’s - to my knowledge the two most popular Q places in town. I was kind of favoring McClard’s this time. However, while waiting for our car to be brought around, I posed the question to the fellows in the parking valet office: “Stubby’s or McClard’s?” The most resounding reply was “Smokin’ in Style BBQ”. One of the gentlemen gave us directions, another handed us one of their menus and yet another told us that we would not be disappointed! So, off to “Smokin’ in Style” we went, arriving at 2:30. To say we were not disappointed would be an understatement. The food was great! Second only to the taste was the quantity! We left food on our plates. But we left happy. And full. We each ordered a plate, which came with two sides and then we shared all of it between us: sliced brisket, smoked pork loin, baked beans, onion rings and two kinds of potato salad.

With tax and gratuity: twenty-eight bucks.

1  Thank joan&mike
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I am on vacation from Dallas TX- I ate beef brisket, cole slaw and fries here yesterday. The brisket tasted like roast beef- well cooked but where is the smoky, bbq flavor? The fries were DELICIOUS, though.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We eat at Smokin in Style @ once a month. They have the best tasting bbq in this area. We moved here from Virginia and like the "Carolina" style sauce which you can't find out here, but other than that, their food is always good and large portions. If you don't want a lot of food, then you should probably order something other than the platters. Also, you can find discount coupons in the local newspaper for $1 off for everyone in your group.