“Decent BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stopped here for the first time on our way out of town for lunch. My husband and I shared the sampler plate. The portion was more than adequate but we did find the pulled pork and the ribs to be more fatty than we like typically. We are from Texas and perhaps there is a difference in culture but the sauces (I tried them all) weren't quite right, although I settled on the Honey as my favorite and my husband preferred the Hot. The sausage was my favorite meat and both of my boys enjoyed their sausage sandwiches. We got green beans which were good and we tried the baked potato salad as our other side. Granted, we are Super picky as far as potato salad goes, but this was not edible. We HATE anything with too much mayo and this definitely had too much! When my husband returned it and ordered the mustard potato salad, we were disappointed to discover that it was comparable to what we could buy at the grocery store. We do realize that we are very picky as far as potato salad is concerned so we really didn't put too much weight on that. We would just order beans next time and forgo the potato salad all together. All in all, I would return and I would recommend this restaurant (except for the potato salad of course, lol). We really like the patriotic decor! For some reason, I think that this kind of BBQ would have better atmosphere in a more rustic type of building rather than in a shopping center. I do want to comment that the restroom as well as the restaurant as a whole was very clean which is very nice to see.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I really do enjoy this bbq joint, but it just depends on what I order. For instance - their child's plate is perfect for someone with a smaller appetite. You still get a good portion of food for a lower cost. The bbq salad on the other hand, while good, has gone up in price and left me very disappointed.
I went to lunch today with co-workers. One lady got a HUGE sandwich with ham and a large side of fries - under $8. I had a bbq salad with chicken - it was probably 1/4-1/2 a head of iceburg lettuce, a slice of (not ripe) tomato, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, and a good amount of chicken - almost $9. I wasn't really pleased with today's visit based on that alone.
I really enjoy the beef, the beans, and the potato salad. They have a great variety of sauces sure to please most. Also - the banana pudding is so. so. good!
Just a side note, they charge extra for some of the smallest things. If you order a loaded potato and ask for it to be split (to share with someone for instance) they charge extra money to cut the potato in half.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The sandwich was pretty good but I had to keep putting sauce on it because the meat was dry. However, the potato salad was delicious. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend giving this place a try if you are looking for some local barbeque.

1  Thank Jwmartin82
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Went to lunch today and ordered a sliced beef plate and baked potato and beans
Got huge portions but without any real flavor in spite of all the sauces on table
This is a place for people who judge a BBQ joint by how large the orders are not the quality and flavor of the food
Beef was dry and stringy
Not a place I want to come back to

1  Thank Elo4
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My family went for lunch today and the ribs are amazing. I will definitely go back. I personally loved the decor. My kind of place

1  Thank golfpt