“THE place to dine in Hot Springs”
Review of Taco Mama

Taco Mama
Ranked #28 of 274 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: Latin
Description: Voted Best Mexican Food in the State. Everything made from scratch. Vegetarian friendly.
Little Rock, Arkansas
“THE place to dine in Hot Springs”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Taco Mama is authentic Mexican food with a twist! My favorite item on the menu is the fish tacos-they are out of this world crazy good!!! Margs are always good as well as the salsa and cheese dip. Fun atmosphere to dine and relax. Diana and Shane(the owners) are friendly and the service is always good here. If you are in Hot Springs visiting, your trip is not complete without a visit to Taco Mama!!!! Ask for homemade corn tortillas if they have them-they are AMAZING!!!

Fremont, California
“a beautiful day, a beautiful time in Hot Springs!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful lazy afternoon sitting outside that taco mama. The food was delicious the margaritas flowed freely and Emily the waitress was a delight. Too bad I don't live here otherwise I'd certainly go back.

1 Thank mageith
“I'm no chef; but if I was describing the food I'd say Mexican with a Cuban flare! Excellent!!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife told me that she had come across a Mexican Resterant that was her new favorite! With Mexican Resterants seemingly on every corner I was expecting the same old menu...I was wrong! With a menu that was stacked full of the usual items such as quesadillas with a seafood twist! My son had tha crab nachos, EXCELLENT! My wife had a chicken fajita salad with jalapeño ranch, ECELLENT! And I had the steak fajita puffed taco and homemade tamale with rice and black beans! Great meal and close to downtown...located at 1209 malvern ave. about 6 to 10 blocks from the convention center downtown. Also, try McClards bar-b-que(featured at the beginning of the sitcom Evening Shade).

Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Multiple festive meals”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We live just down the street and have visited Taco Mama many times. By now we have had most of the items on the menu....never had anything bad. This is more than standard Mexican fare and they use some strong spices. It is also a fun little place.

• Visited April 2013
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Wish I lived closer so I could become a regular!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My friends and I had traveled to Hot Springs for the Arkansas Derby from Minnesota and were originally planning on trying Mr. Whiskers that is so raved about on this site. Unfortunately, that restaurant was already closed, but we had passed this one on the way and decided to try it. Talk about a stroke of luck!!

The restaurant was very busy when we got there and the person who greeted us was a bit frazzled, but immediately sat us and was very friendly. (We were the last customers and possibly came in after close). The staff was very outgoing and all stopped to make sure we had everything without being overly solicitous. We were the last people to leave and although we could tell everyone was tired, they were still friendly and warm.

The food was great!!! I had a regular ground beef burrito with black beans and rice and couldn't get enough of it. My friends all enjoyed their shrimp & crab, chicken and chorizo enchiladas. My friends RAVED about the guacamole! I am not a guac fan myself, but I will say that when I tried it, I enjoyed how fresh it tasted.

Overall, we had a wonderful time and great food...I just wish it wasn't so far away.

• Visited April 2013