“so many mexican restaurants - this one is excellent!”
Review of Taco Mama

Taco Mama
Ranked #26 of 274 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Description: Voted Best Mexican Food in the State. Everything made from scratch. Vegetarian friendly.
cedar mi
“so many mexican restaurants - this one is excellent!”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

The food is fresh - the salsa bar and roasted jalapenos are amazing. Margaritas are the best! Prices are reasonable!

• Visited January 2012

Venice, Florida
“Best Mexican I've had in Hot Springs”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We have dined at Taco Mamas several times, primarily for lunch, but also for a couple of dinners. When it first opened I thought it was good but the place was so spartan and cold feeling that I just didn't care for it. But that has all been remedied with the addition of a neat new bar, table service and more decor. The food remains the highlight. They put a fresh, slightly unique spin on most dishes, from their wonderful homemade flour tortillas to their roasted red pepper salsa -- every thing is just a little better than other "run of the mill" Mexican restaurants. Do be sure to try their cantina style tacos -- I particularly like the roasted pork with onions, cilantro and lime wedges -- much like tacos I've had in the Yucatan (only better). Taco Mam's is a little pricier than most Mexican restaurants in town (and there are a bunch of them), but I believe worth every extra penny.

• Visited November 2011
Quitman, Texas, United States
“Mexican at it's best”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Great menu. Wonderful chef! You will not be disappointed with favorites and pleased with the flavor and texture.

Visited November 2011
France
“Best Mexican in town!”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This restaurant has the best tamales that I have ever had. My parents are originally from New Mexico and I've always believed that apart from our visits there, I would never again eat a good tamale. These are INCREDIBLE! Their salsa is wonderful- unique from the typical Mexican restaurant "store-bought taste". Everyone in my family orders something different each time we go and we're always extremely satisfied with the food and service. If you're in the mood for Mexican, this is the place to go!

• Visited August 2011
Texarkana, Texas
“A great place for mexican food”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We go a lot and it is always great!!! There are plenty of seats!

• Visited July 2011