“Best Mexican Food Ever-all from scratch!!”
Review of Taco Mama

Taco Mama
Ranked #25 of 277 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: Latin
Description: Voted Best Mexican Food in the State. Everything made from scratch. Vegetarian friendly.
“Best Mexican Food Ever-all from scratch!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2011

This restaurant is next door to Cafe 1217 and Has the same chef. The food here is absolutely outstanding! Everything they have is made from scratch with fresh ingredients. The fire roasted tomato salsa was fantastic with their thin crisp tortilla chips. They also had a salsa bar with tomatillo salsa and habenero salsa. They also had a large platter of roasted jalapenos and peppers on the counter. We ordered an appetizer of stuffed jalapenos which were stiff with cream cheese with a thin strip of shoestring potato wrapped around the entire pepper then deep fried and served with straberry jelly. It was fantastic!! We had tacos, served on either corn or flour tortillas - both homemade. The steak and chicken tacos were loaded with meat which was marinated and grilled. The vegetarian tacos had cactus, mushrooms, squash, onions and peppers. The rice had cilantro, lime and seemingly several other spices in it. It was by far the best rice I've ever eaten at a mex restaurant. You had a choice of refried beans, black or pintos. I ordered pinto beans which were cooked in beer an delicious. The prices were very reasonable and the food was outstanding. If you're visiting Hot Springs, you have got to try this place!!

3 Thank OrganicChick

Harrogate, Tennessee
“Best taste and value for Mexican in Hot Springs”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I love taco's and other Mexican food and the value and taste is wonderful. You order at a counter, pick up your free chips and salsa and they have the best lemonades. The plates are full of flavorfull food and you do not leave hungry.

3 Thank Bodi789
Bryant, Arkansas
“Poor service-overpriced food”
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I was in Hot Springs,Arkansas on 9-1-10 to pick up some items from our Hot Springs office, so I decided to eat with you guys since you are just down the street from us. I ordered tacos with CORN tortillia, but was given FLOUR tortillias. When I told the server, she argued with me that the tortillia was indeed corn, DISPITE the facts that it was 1)WHITE...and 2)TASTED like FLOUR!!!!! I'm 54 years old and have been eating Mex food all my LIFE! I KNOW what a flour tortillia TASTS like, and I DON'T appreciate the way the server argued back that I was wrong! The way "I" was taught: 1) the customer is ALWAYS right; 2) if the customer is ever wrong, refere to rule #1! I guess that is NOT the case in YOUR establishment!!!! I was SEVERLY DISSATISFIED with my lunch and will make SURE my bad experience is related to EVERYONE I KNOW AND MEET! I did NOT eat the freakin' flour tortillia, but just ate the filling out with the FEW chips I had left! The server made NO effort to make sure the customer was 1)taken care of, 2)had the correct items ordered, 3)had a pleasant dining experirnce, 4)made NO effort to take advantage of the "chance to correct" the mistake that was made! Is THIS the way you people train your employees? You will NOT be open long with service THIS poor, and an "I don't care, you get whatever I WANT you to get" attitude from your employees!!!!
The food is WAY overpriced as well!

3 Thank phredgr
Petoskey, Michigan
“It's a sleeper! Best Mex in my opinion...”
Reviewed August 22, 2010

It's a sleeper! Best Mex in my opinion. Fresh salsa, guac, and good tamales. Staff is nice. While it is a sit down restaurant, you do order at the counter FYI. They have beer and authentic Mexican soda pop. Basically, it's on my list to go eat at every time I come to Hot Springs.

1 Thank Wife2Foodie
Dallas, Texas
“Good Mexican Food in Arkansas - Not what I expected”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We were not expecting good traditional Mexican food in Hot Springs, AR. On a whim we decided to stop in for dinner. It has the feel of a South Texas taco stand and the food is just as good. We ordered the sopes with shredded beef and they were perfectly cooked. The meat was tender and juicy, the sope shells were crispy and the beans that filled them were flavorful.

Queso for an appetizer is a good bet. Highly recommended.

And don't forget to try the salsa, it is great.

1 Thank RoadRashTX