“Great Hibachi Grill”

Osaka Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #95 of 271 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Has a hibachi room (Benihana-style Japanese Steakhouse), a sushi bar, and a dining room serving traditional Japanese food.
“Great Hibachi Grill”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I have always eaten at the Hibachi grill. I love the salad, the soup but especially the grill.

It has always been great.

• Visited June 2013

Dardanelle, Arkansas
“Horrible Experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My trip to Osakas Steakhouse was awful... our poor waitress was running crazy because the other 10 staff I saw were just standing around. We ordered drinks that took an hour to get and ended up tasting awful and when we sent them back it turned out the bartender was the owner and was rude and unaccommodating. Since she was hateful over drinks we didn't even attempt to send back the poor tasting food. I will never return to this restaurant!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ashley F
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I live in Hot Springs and eat at many different sushi or Japanese steakhouses. I absolutely love this restaurant. Their sauces are unique so you may or may not like them. I personally like them better than any other Japanese steakhouse. I have NEVER been disappointed from this restaurant. Do keep in mind the time of year, day of the week, etc. They are busy! I hate that there are so many bad reviews, but they do struggle to keep up on busy nights. Something to think about. If they are so busy, they must be pretty good. Just saying. I have learned to go during off hours/days. I come here quite frequently. The sushi is awesome. I have a hard time eating sushi anywhere else. Kobe Steakhouse in Little Rock is very popular. I don't think it comes close to holding a candle to Osaka's. Their ginger salad dressing is my absolute favorite and cannot find anything like it anywhere else. Opinions are a dime a dozen though and this is my dime.

• Visited May 2013
“They served me sushi with two roaches on it.”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I have already written a previous review on this place but since yesterday when I ate there again trying to see if there was any way I could get some good service... I was proved utterly wrong. I live in hot springs so I've been here several times. Every single time food has been phenomenal, service not so good. But this was absolutely terrible. I ordered Oh My God! Rolls which is usually what I get because they are usually amazing. I'm a huge huge sushi fan so I'm waiting for my order. The waitress brings up the sushi and literally, before she even has the plate sat down on the table all the way I see two baby roaches crawling over the wasabi and ginger. I spoke up at once and she says "oh [--]" and takes the plate back to sushi bar. Then, as if things can't get any worse, she scrapes off the ginger and wasabi and puts a new batch on a new plate and BRINGS ME BACK THE FOOD THAT HAD ROACHES ON THE SAME PLATE!!!!!!!!! I was furious. I said "I can't even get a fresh order?" She she tries to actually argue with me that it wasn't roaches it was just two flys. I know what a roach looks like and it was two baby roaches. She sneers and glares at me and walks off!! The head chef comes out and asks me if he can cook me another batch. I said yes of course and he takes it away. By this time I've just lost my appetite. The waitress treated us terribly the rest of the time and totally ignored us when we asked for anything. We didn't get any apology, nothing off of the bill, nothing! They all acted like it was our fault they brought us food infested with roaches. The manager didn't talk to us, the whole staff was just cold and rude to us and ignored us when we paid and left and wouldn't even look up at us when we paid. I will never ever be back. Roaches and poor service.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Elizabeth L
Mount Ida, Arkansas
“Dinner and a show”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Wonderful food - ask for the habatchi grill - it's the best experience and the kids love it. As they get ready to prepare your food in front of you, they start bringing out courses: soup, salad, then any appetizers. The chefs are fun, and be prepared for the flames! I won't spoil the rest! I'm a fan of the chicken and seafood, but my husband loves the steak. and don't leave without trying the fried cheesecake!

Visited January 2013