“Nice view”

Hot Springs Mountain Tower
Ranked #10 of 82 things to do in Hot Springs
Reviewed October 18, 2011

The tower offers a nice, 360 degree view of the area. There are two viewing decks. The upper is open air. The lower is enclosed. I am not sure that I would consider it a bargain, but you can get coupons at the Hot Springs visitor center or in one of the Arkansas travel guides. In additon to the view, there are small exhibits depicting the history of the area.
One important note: The upper level is infested with wasps! If you have allergies or a strong aversion, stay in the enclosed area.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

If you aren't going to drive to any of the scenic overlooks, this is good. There is an overlook, right where you turn to go to the tower, that offers a great view. On the road out from the tower, there is another overlook. If you want to pay to see the view from the tower, they have $ off coupons at the Hot Springs National Park visitors center.We went on a cloudy day, but could still see a great distance

2  Thank Martha S
Reviewed August 2, 2011

If it hadn't been a billion degrees I think we would have taken the hike up the mountain. Instead we made the drive which is also nice. It is a bit pricey (usually $7 but we had a $1 off coupon) but the views are great. There is some nice information about the area as you circle your way around the viewing platform. You can see much more from here than the bottom as the top is otherwise wooded.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

The Mountain Tower offers the best panoramic view of Hot Springs. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the view from above! Make sure to take plenty of pictures while here. We visited during October so it was a bit crisp, make sure to dress appropriately. We also stayed in Hot Springs National Park in the cabins, which have just been re-done, and they all have lakefront views. These were very nice and affordable.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

My family enjoyed reading all the panels at the top of the observation tower, but you could get all that by doing a little web research of your own. The view was nice but nothing fantastic. While not super expensive, it adds up with a family. They do have a good military price or you can find coupons online. If you have time and money, I say do it.