“Be In a funky haven here!”
Review of The B Inn

The B Inn
Ranked #14 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
“Be In a funky haven here!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The "B Inn " was..."right up my alley':) It is funky ( vintage green bathroom tile-a sagging shelf of books ( we stayed in the Biography room!)..and just right for my budget.. The beds are very comfortable ( a very important feature for me )- and the shower was firm and hot! Our hosts were friendly and helpful. The hotel is within easy walking distance of many attractions- great location- and you just cannot beat the price..ALSO- included is a discount off the bathhouse!! What a deal! The park island organic cafe had plenty of low priced breakfast choices ( also included!)
I really enjoyed staying at the B INN and will certainly do so again...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank GypsyJulie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We thought the room was nice: about the same size as your basic motel room (it is an old motel, after all), clean, good beds, cozy, and really convenient. The water pressure and temperature are both extremely high! Because it's water from the hot springs, it gets scalding immediately, and the water pressure will blast your skin off if you don't turn it down. Not bad problems to have, but be prepared. That said, there were a few drawbacks to our room (bear in mind, all the rooms are different):
1. We had problems with the heater/AC all weekend. The owner fixed them right away, but two nights of getting woken up by either loud sounds or terrible smells was a bother.
2. There was a lot of noise from traffic, construction, trash trucks, etc.
3. No lamps
4. Only one working plug-in.
Still, for only $56 a night, it's a good deal for a safe, clean room right downtown (no having to bother with traffic and parking). Plus, the $10 credit at their cafe/market, Park Island, is worth it! Good organic, all natural, and vegetarian food. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank DeLani B
Reviewed October 5, 2013

...with the campy light switch plates and everything! If you need a mcchain hotel with a flat screen, this place is not for you. The room was very clean, we stayed in the Rustic Room...the bed was super comfy and it smelled like leather, which reminded me of the tack room at my grandparent's ranch. I was saved by the blowdryer they provided, and I loved my bagel in the store (you get $10 per room when you stay). My only drawbacks to the place were the bathroom, it was *very* small...but you don't spend much time in there, so no big deal...unless you're larger than average, I don't think you'd fit in the toilet stall! And also the lighting, I had a book to read before I went to sleep and the overhead lighting is very dim, they could use a lamp or two!

Room Tip: The king size bed in the rustic room was comfy!
Frierson, La
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We traveled to Hot Springs Arkansas to go to the Balloon Rally and Styx concert on September 27. We booked our stay for 2 days at the B Inn online at their website. That is the only way to get a reservation. The lobby/store/restaurant caters to the healthy spa theme of Hot Springs. Home grown fresh produce, homemade and organic food, what a nice change from burger king. If you have to get a burger they do offer a 1/2 pound bison burger, yummy. The proprietors Joseph and Armando are very nice and attentive to your needs. We stayed in the Travel and Geography suite. The room was a real suite with a living room, bedroom and separate bath. The fixtures are dated which just adds charm to the place. There was a small refrigerator, microwave, plates, silverware and other convenience items. Every morning you can go to the store and pick out $10.00 worth of items for breakfast. Most items were fresh and made onsite. We plan to go back for our next Hot Springs getaway.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I went by the reviews, all great. The website talked about their "New Lobby",.So I booked it, sounded like a great deal and looked good. We arrive to see what is suppose to be a victorian home under renovations that looks abandoned. An old vehicle with weeds growing through it. The "New Lobby" was at the counter of the market next door. We got the key and proceeded to our room to find a paper attached to door with "Travel & Geography" printed on it. When the door opened, it was not a good smell covered with febreeze. There was a/c in the sitting area but none in the bedroom other than a floor fan with an extension cord across the room. The ceiling was sagging with fresh paint. It was a dump !!!
I told the Inn Keeper that it was nothing as described on the web and I thought it was a dump. I highly offended him. He told me husband I was weird !! lol.... I called the reservation company and The B Inn did o.k. the refund. Still wondering who is writing these reviews??? For $30 more found Comfort Suites, Great place in Hot Springs !!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank katy m
armandoHotSprings, Owner at The B Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
The suite only has one air conditioning system. There might very well have been some fresh paint covering up an older ceiling. Our lobby is in a market and cafe, as advertised and most people love having the communal place of the cafe to gather. We are pleased when a guest leaves a review letting others know how much more they prefer a chain motel than an older inn like ours, as we want people to enjoy Hot Springs in a way that best suits them, we only wish for their sake, they had done more research. We appreciate the value of a chain motel for business and consistency, but our regulars and the people that keep us sold out most weekends don't care for the cookie-cutter repetitive chain experience and are looking for an inn with character and history to spend their precious time. This guest came in complaining about Eureka Springs. We love our sister city, Eureka Springs! Going with instinct, we promptly refunded this guest and send prayers for their happiness.
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2013

having paid $85 for our room and seeing some of the reviews i was a bit nervous. but the price was right for me and my husband. upon arrival there is a house that is under renovation and first thoughts ur it looks creepy but that just adds character to the place. our room was the travel and geography room. upon opening the door i was extremely surprised. there was a sitting room, decent sized bathroom and good size bedroom. having stayed in hotel rooms and a hostel so far on our trip, this room was a lovely change. there was everything you could need and even water from the springs. check in & out was straight forward, as we didnt get to say goodbye if the owners read this review i just want to say thank you for a wonderful place.

the animals on site were a bonus there was a dog toby and an extremely friendly cat that kept my lap warm whilst i was on the internet which is provided free. only thing i was dissappointed about was i missed the tours the b inn provide.

Jackson, TN
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This B&B is a quaint little place with a great history. The owners are friendly and very helpful. The accommodations are comfortable and cozy. The location is convenient for going downtown or for going into the National Park. This was our second stay at the Inn and we were just as pleased with this stay as we were the first time. We will certainly be returning to this little treasure place. In fact we're already planning our next stay there.

Room Tip: Each room is "themed" so read through the list and pick one that suits your tastes.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends