“Great place!”
Review of The B Inn

The B Inn
Ranked #14 of 19 Hot Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed at The B Inn last year and LOVED it! I was a little worried about it when I first pulled up; all worries disappeared once I got in the room. I stayed in the Book room and it was the most comfortable bed I slept in at a hotel in ages. I really enjoyed sitting out front in the morning with a cup of coffee very relaxing. I will be back, I can't wait to see the progress on the main house.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank QeenOfItAll

Reviewed March 31, 2013

After institutional motels, this place is a real charmer. Great location. The owners were friendly, helpful and interesting.The rooms were eclectic. It was the most memorable place I stayed on my trip, On the other hand the room was small and a bit chilly on a very cold night. The complex still needs work. Great place to stay if you want an interesting experience. If you love Holiday Inns,then stay in a Holiday Inn.

1  Thank shanghaililly
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Old and interesting. The history of the place is cool. The rooms are small but fine for our purpose. It is clean and the owners and crew are nice people. The diner at the bottom of the hill was great. Food was unique and very tastey. The hotel is kind of off by itself. Abandoned buildings were across the street but, I guess being in the National Park, we saw lots of police cars patroling quite a bit and we did felt safe. Walk 3 minutes around a corner and you are at the first restaurant and shops. A good 10 minute walk and you are at the bath houses. All sidewalks or paved parking lots to walk on. The hill to the hotel would be hard for the handicapped or elderly so keep that in mind. We were very happy with our stay and I would try to book here again. $50 for the cheapest room is worth a comfy stay here.

Room Tip: We heard the owners talking and walking every evening above our room but it didn't last long and...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Honestreview1359
Reviewed March 22, 2013

we have stayed here several times each year and this year we stayed in the big bed room.aptly named the big bedroom for the kingsize bed in it..i must say this is our favorite yet..it was nice and quiet.super clean.the bed does take up a good bit of the room as was stated but you can easily move around.now i will say if someone is really overweight or a super large person they may not want this room due to the bathroom..the area from the bathroom door to the sink and toilet is somewhat on the smaller side so might be hard for someone with a handicap or for larger person to move.we liked the new park island cafe right down the hill to get breakfast.this would work i imagine for most people as some complained about waiting till 9:00 to get their breakfast basket.this way you can go and get your breakfast earlier.its a great idea and hope it takes off. overall i will be staying in this room agian when i return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Southernroadwarriors
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I am an avid traveler as I live in Europe and I have stayed in crap hostels before. This was nice and would be rated excellent in Europe. However, as it is a hotel and not a hostel, it lost a a few points. it was pretty clean, the fixtures/ furniture and are older but it adds to its "at grandmas house charm." TV is nice and location could not be better or closer to down town. It does look a little scary driving in but i was determined to stay here even if i had to talk my brother in to it. However, it was right for the price and i would stay here again

cons:

there were some identifuable stains on the bed spread, not the sheets thanko goodness

pros

the breakfast was amazing at the cute little market down the road, i got to pick 8 worth of thigns for fresh fruit or cinimaon rolls or thigns for later great value for two people and the old dog was so cute, i find trhis place charming

i hope they do well and think they could keep it up if they just paid attention to the details like making sure house keeping gets the bed spread clean before being used.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank par paris r
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Out of all the hotel's I've stayed at in downtown Hot Springs (Arlington and Springs), this one takes top honors. I would have been sold simply on the individual A/C units in each room, but the "B" Inn/Hotel/Motel/B&B/Resort was way above expectations. A friend best described it as "a trip to Grandma's house", and I can think of no better description. It is furnished is "early estate sale" style, but is clean and seems to blend the varied styles in the room to create a unique experience for each room as varied as the books that adorn the shelves of the rooms. On this previous trip, I stayed in both the History and Biography rooms during a split stay. The history room sports a small shower, which took me back to my dorm days, while the bio room had a full bath/shower combo with removable head. Other than that, each room had a seating area, small kitchenette with micro, fridge, coffee maker, Mountain Valley Water and coffee, along with handmade soap from the Bathhouse Soap Company.

In the morning, I went down to the market at the bottom of the hill (a new thing I think...) to get breakfast. I was expecting to have the usual muffins and cereal available on a free breakfast, and boy was I wrong for all the right reasons. Instead, Armondo (and if that's not your name, I apologize) told me I could pick anything out in the market for $5 and make a breakfast out of it. As a let's say "Winnie the Pooh sized individual", I was little intimidated by this at first, as I tend to clean house on free breakfast. Nonetheless, for $5 I was able to get a glorious, angel tear inducing, gluten-free cinnamon raison bagel with a smear of cream cheese, string cheese, fresh fruit, Orange Juice, and a glass bottle of Perrier water.

As you can probably tell by the gluttonous use of adjectives in the last few paragraphs, I highly recommend this place for your next stay in Downtown Hot Springs. My only regret is that I purchased a gift certificate through "the B" for the nearby Central Park Fusion Restaurant, and didn't get around to using it. Oh well. Perhaps next time.

On a side note, If the owners read this, I need to know where y'all found the lyre night stands in the History Room. Would love to have one of those.

1  Thank GalenP979
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I arrived with my dog, and wondered if I made a wrong decision when drove up to the B INN. I followed the signs and it lead me to the store, Central Park. I meet the owner Joseph and knew I made the right decision. Unfortunately, the room I reserved was not ready, but he gave me another room. "The Big Room." I walked in and I was in awe....BEAUTIFUL! CLEAN! COMFORTABLE! Additionally, the INN also provides a 10% discount with one of the most popular Bath house/Spa's in Hot Springs. It was such a pleasant experience that I went back the next day! Breakfast was incredible. I would get up early and walk to the Store front to get breakfast. I had a choice of what every I wanted and it was from local farms and bagels shipped in from New York. One night, my kitchen light went out and Joseph took no time at all to take care of it. Armando was also very delightful and friendly. This will definitely be a place I will returned to stay when visiting Hot Springs. Thank you for such a relaxing experience!

1  Thank Sonya W